It's not very difficult to make your own crème fraîche. Instead it's quite easy. And you can also use this recipe to create lactose free crème fraîche.
In the series homemade, today crème fraîche. And as it seems: a very easy recipe to make and very tasteful. And the great part: if you've got a lactose allergy, you can make your own crème fraîche, without the lactose).
- You let the jars store at room temperature for a minimum of 8 hours, you create an ideal temperature to give the yogurt culture the chance to multiply throughout the mixture. Therefor your mixture will get thicker.
- You store the jars in the refrigerator afterwards, you can store the crème fraîche for days. The taste will even get better. Make sure you stir before use.
- You've got an allergy for lactose, you can use lactose-free yogurt and lactose-free cream. That is easily available at the supermarket (whereas crème fraîche isn't).
It's a good taste!
Recipe homemade crème fraîche
Did you make this homemade crème fraîche? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 1 ½ cup cream
- 1 cup yogurt
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Pour the cream in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt and mix very well.
- Pour in the jars and put away at room temperature.
- Leave at room temperature for at least 8 hours (longer will make the crème fraîche even get more creamy).
- Store in the refrigerator, where it stays well for a couple of days.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils