This Greek-style pasta is delicious, healthy, and made with tuna. A fresh tomato sauce, with flavorful herbs, covers the creamy pasta.
This healthy and delicious Greek pasta is made with tuna. A fresh tomato sauce with delicious herbs covers the creamy pasta. The tuna and feta give an extra flavor accent, with the lemon and oregano. This dish, easy to prepare is a winner!
- If the Fusilli sticks to much, add 1 tablespoon olive oil after cooking and draining to the pasta. Adding it to the cooking water won't help.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt to your pasta cooking water. Pasta should be cooked in water as salt as the sea.
- Fusilli can be substituted with Penne, Tagliatelle or Farfalle. Don't substitute it for Macaroni, because it's smaller and it will get an over structure.
- If you can't get Feta, use white cheese (with herbs)
- Warm pita bread and hummus. Or these pita bread with goat cheese and walnut dip
Budget friendly version
- Substitute Fusilli with Penne (which is cheaper)
- Use whole white cheese instead of Feta
- Substitute the lemon with storebosugh lemon juice
- Substitute brown sugar with regular sugar
- Use 1 teaspoon garlic powder in stead of 3 cloves of garlic
The price of this budget friendly version will be €0.95 per person.
- Cover the pasta and store up to 2 days in the refrigerator. The pasta is also delicious served as a pasta salad for lunch the next day.
- You can freeze the pasta in an airtight container. This way you can store it up to 3 months.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Greek pasta, healthy and delicious
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion sliced in strips
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 400 grams tomato cubes canned
- 2 teaspoons oregano dry
- 400 fusilli
- ½ lemon juice
- 100 grams feta
- 250 grams tuna
- salt and pepper
- Preheat a frying pan on high heat and pour in the oil.
- Bake the onions, for about 3 minutes, add the sugar and garlic and stir and bake for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano bring to a boil and turn the heat low. Simmer for 10 minutes
- Cook the pasta according the manufacturers instructions.
- Pour the lemon juice into the sauce.
- Turn of the heat.
- Stir the tuna through the sauce.
- Crumble the feta on top.
- Add salt and pepper at taste.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce.