A simple and spectaculair recipe you've got on your hands with this honeycomb toffee. Sweet, only 3 ingredients, and it melts in your mouth. And a great flavor.
What a spectacular recipe: honeycomb toffee . Not because it is so difficult to make , not at all. A total of 10 minutes and some waiting time and the recipe is done. But it's so fun to watch what happens when adding the baking soda to the caramel. The dish is bubbling and foaming, and the first time I made it, I was afraid it was not going to end well, but it is a tasty recipe. Nice to take as a gift, but it also delicious as part of a high tea .
A day on the
Did you also enjoyed the weather today? 20 degrees Celsius was the thermometer here (and it's still wintertime). What a wonderful day . A day that you just have to be outside. I just went around with my camera. What are the flowers early this year! And what a contrast to last year. And after I had returned home with the camera I went to the terrace enjoying a delicious cup of tea. With a piece of toffee, of course!
It's a good taste!
Did you make this honeycomb toffee? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 200 grams sugar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- butter to grease
- Grease the baking pan or cake pan with butter.
- In a pan scoop the sugar and mix it with honey.
- Let it melt on low heat and then cook further until the color changes to amber ;(stay with it, because the time that it's amber is very short and if you're not careful you will burn it (experience :-().
- Turn off the heat and mix the baking soda quickly through the caramel with a spoon. The mass will foam and bubble.
- Immediately pour the caramel into the baking pan or cake pan and set aside.
- Leave it for a few hours until it has hardened.
- Then remove from the pan and break into pieces.