An easy recipe for making your own homemade vanilla fudge. With these tips your fudge will always be great.
Not everything is as easy to cook. We all have something we can make very good and some things that are oh so difficult. For me that's fudge. It failed on me often. Too often. I've tried everything, different recipes, different approaches but it always went wrong. Until a few weeks ago. I've got a new recipe and new sugar thermometer. Perhaps mine didn't got the right temperature anymore. And the miracle happened ... the fudge was successful. And since then I've made a few batches of these sweets. Always a winner. So I share it with you.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this vanilla fudge? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 225 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams butter unsalted
- 175 ml cream
- Cover the mold with baking paper.
- Heat the cream, butter and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until it has come to a boil.
- Put the thermometer in the mixture and allow the heating to become 115 degrees Celsius. If you really don't own a sugar thermometer take a drop of the mixture and let it fall in a container with ice cold water. If the drop keeps it form the cooking is finished.
- Turn of the heat and stir in the vanilla and continue beating until the mixture is cooled down and becomes a bit crumbly.
- Pour it into the mold.
- Allow to harden for at least 4 hours at room temperature. Longer is better! Cut the fudge into the desired shape.