A quiche is delicious for lunch or as a main meal with a green salad. This quiche contains kale, tomato and bacon. Tasty and full of flavor.
The Christmas holiday are over and the kids are already in good spirits at school. This morning we had to take a moment from coming into the rhythm again, because the holiday had been a lot of fun. With a not to happy face, the kids walked to school, but when they got there that quickly changed, because actually going to school with your pals is great.
Of course I cooked while the holidays were going on (we still have to eat) and this quiche I've baked during the holidays. A delicious variation between the Christmas and New Years Eve party food. It was so delicious that I like to share it with you.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Kale, tomato and bacon quiche
Use the buttons to adjust the number of people.
- pinch salt
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 300 grams kale sliced in thin strips
- 6 eggs
- 350 ml cream
- 100 grams bacon minced
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- Mix the flour and salt in a food processor (with the knife).
- Add the olive oil.
- Pulse and then add ice water to.
- Pulse once again, to release the dough from the wall.
- Remove from the bowl and roll the dough into a circle about 4 cm larger on each side than your quiche dish.
- Cover the bowl with the dough.
- Put at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a frying pan with the oil.
- Fruit the onion three minutes and then squeeze the garlic on top.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the kale with one glass of water.
- Bake the kale five minutes.
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the cream.
- Cover the bottom with the kale. Spread the cheese and bacon on this.
- Pour the cream / egg mixture onto the quiche.
- Spread the tomatoes over the quiche, sprinkle the herbs on top and place the quiche in the oven.
- Bake the quiche 30 to 40 minutes (until it is firm and light brown).