Sweet and juicy poached pears. Stew them and then what to do with the excess cooking liquid? Don't throw it away, but make this delicious poached pear champagne cocktail with it.
At the food blog swap every month we make a recipe of another blogger. And this month I had been assigned the blog Ohmydish. A blog that was familiar to me, because it blogged last month also a recipe of mine at the 100 best Thanksgiving recipes. Of course when that happens I nose a little bit further. A fun blog with all these delicious recipes, of which many I would like to make someday.
That was a difficult choice, so I then just looked at the time of the year. So by New Year's Eve a nice cocktail is a great choice. And within the theme drinks I found a prickly pear cocktail.
Prickly pears are not easy to get around here, but if you know that a prickly pear tastes a bit like a pear, the link to this recipe is easily made.
And so I came to the idea of a poached pears champagne cocktail made from the cooking liquid from poached pears with a little vodka and champagne. A happy new year!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Poached pear champagne
Did you make this poached pear cocktail? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Poached pear champagne cocktail
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
Poached Pear syrup (and poached pears to serve for dessert)
- 4 pears for poaching, peeled
- 200 ml rose wine sweet
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tangerine halved
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons poached pears syrup
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 100 ml champagne
- Boil four pears for about 20 minutes in a mixture of wine, sugar, lemon, mandarin, vanilla, peppercorns, star anise and coffee.
- Remove the poached pears out of the juice and strain the cooking liquid. (keep the pears and the remaining moisture so you can serve it as a dessert)
- Pour the poached pear liquid and vodka into a champagne glass and fill it further with champagne.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Cocktail shaker and glasses