A tasty quiche recipe full of vegetables: a quiche with cauliflower, broccoli and cervelat. Also nice to use leftovers. Try it yourself!
It is food blog swap time again, one of my favorite moments of the month. Because as a food blogger it sometimes seems as if you are blogging on an island alone. Of course we meet every now and then on an event and I also follow many bloggers on Facebook, and I see all kinds of delicious recipes. But it's impossible to look at everyones blog. But when you participate in the Foodblogswap, you will be assigned to a blog, of which you will make a recipe. And then you certainly browse the blog well.
This time I was allowed to cook from the blog of Martine van Duizenden1dag (Dutch blog). Martine is a blogger with a passion for food and she has a lot of delicious recipes on her blog. So it was quite difficult to choose. Until I arrived at the hearty cauliflower stew pie. A recipe that came from a leftover cauliflower stew. And she wanted to use it, so she became pretty creative. And now I just left a bit of cauliflower and broccoli in the fridge. With some cervelate it became a delicious savory quiche that we will certainly make more often.
The original quiche was made from puff pastry, layers of dough mixed with butter. Combined with the Chorizo sausage, you therefore get a very intense recipe. Great for a warm winter's day, but in spring, what it really is now, I love to eat a lighter version. That's why I chose a savory quiche dough, which is nice and crispy and fits well with this recipe. You can get it in the supermarket, but you can also use the instructions in this recipe.
And Cervelate is also the light version of Chorizo, and also with a beautiful flavor.
I used a lot of vegetables and few potatoes to make it even lighter and more healthy. The eggs that are added ensure that the quiche filling binds nicely. And for extra taste, I used cheese with cumin. Cumin is delicious in combination with cauliflower and broccoli. Besides that it smells delicious (highly recommended), it tastes a bit nutty which fits nicely with this recipe.
What is great about this recipe is that you can make the quiche a day in advance. You prepare it until the bake in the oven step and let it cool to room temperature. Cover with an aluminum foil and you only have to bake the quiche in the oven for 40 minutes the next day. Very nice if you know a busy day is coming.
It's a good taste!
Recipe: Quiche with cauliflower, broccoli and
quiche with cauliflower, broccoli and cervelate
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
Cauliflower and broccoli stew
- 500 grams potatoes washed and peeled
- 1 broccoli washed and cut into florets
- ½ cauliflower washed and cut into florets
- 75 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 100 grams cumin cheese
Quiche with cauliflower, broccoli and cervelate
- 1 tablespoon oil for greasing
- 6 sheets savory pie dough thawed
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 5 eggs size L
- 100 grams cervelate diced
- 1 portion cauliflower and broccoli stew
Cauliflower and broccoli stew
- Put a layer of water of about 10 cm in a large pan.
- Add the potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and let it boil for 18 minutes (or until the potatoes are done. You can easily check this by pricking the potatoes with a fork. When you will feel no resistance they are done).
- Drain the potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli and put everything back in the pan.
- Bring the milk to the boil and pour into the pan with the potatoes.
- Add the mustard and cumin cheese and mash the potatoes and vegetables. Mix everything well together.
Quiche with cauliflower, broccoli and cervelate.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a quiche dish with the oil.
- Divide the slices of savory pie dough over the side and bottom of the quiche form. Prick a few holes in the bottom with a fork so that any air can escape.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the bottom (that absorbs moisture which may be released).
- Beat the eggs and mix them, together with the cervelate, in the stew.
- Spoon the stew filling into the quiche.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes (30 minutes when everything is still warm, 40 minutes when you have prepared the quiche in advance and everything comes out of the refrigerator.)
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat
- Soup / hotchpot pan
- Quiche bakingform