Chicken and spinach risotto recipe: a creamy risotto, delicious fried chicken and fresh spinach. All flavored in a delicious broth, cream and cheese. This way you can make everything quite delicious, right?
Now that we have arrived in spring, we can enjoy delicious fresh spinach again. Full of vitamins and minerals such as iron. And because we are still early in the season and it hasn't been too hot, the leaves are beautifully young and fresh.
Now you can make delicious salads with it or make a nice stir-fry dish, but you can also use it in an Italian risotto.
But what is risotto?
I think it's super fun to know what I serve on my plate. For example take risotto which, although it is really rice, comes from Italy. From the north of Italy to specify.
Each risotto recipe has five steps. It always starts with frying onion and, if you are going to use it, garlic in butter or oil. Then the rice is added and fried. The rice then becomes glassy instead of white.
In the third step you add moisture. Broth, wine or other condiments. The next step is to add the seasonings, like vegetables, meat or fish.
Finally, you let the risotto rest for 1 minute, after which you add butter, cream and / or cheese.
Chicken and spinach risotto recipe
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 250 grams fresh spinach washed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 chicken fillets diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic squeezed
- 400 grams risotto rice most of the times Arborio rice
- 100 ml white wine
- 750 ml chicken broth warm
- 80 grams Parmesan cheese grated
- 50 ml cream
- roasted pine nuts
- pepper and salt to taste
- Fry the spinach with adjoining water in a frying pan until it shrinks.
- Remove the spinach from the pan and drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan and then fry the chicken until they are brown and tender. Remove them from the pan.
- Take a large pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the onion chips for about 3 minutes until they are glassy.
- Then add the garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the risotto and fry for 5 minutes until the white grain is glassy.
- Deglaze with the white wine and so much broth until the risotto is covered.
- The risotto will absorb the moisture and, when that happens, add the broth again, until the broth is used up.
- Mix the spinach and the chicken in the risotto and heat everything well.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest for 1 minute.
- Finally add the cream and the Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Top everything with pine nuts and serve immediately.