Shepherds pie, a delicious casserole (also great to get rid of leftovers) and fast to prepare. An easy recipe for cold, freezing days.
It was cold outside! Freezy weather. There was ice on the roads, but sometimes the sun came through and everything looked so much more friendly. Nevertheless, it was dark outside in no time.
So I got the feeling that I should make a Shepherd's pie. A shepherds pie a la Andréa, because everybody makes his own version so why shouldn't I. And it was delicious. No scraps left.
The children were content (and that's a plus). So I will give you this delicious recipe.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this Shepherds pie? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 500 grams ground beef
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 15 grams tomato puree
- 200 ml water
- ¼ teaspoon salt at taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 10 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg size S
- 50 gram cheese grated, Gouda
- Preheat the oven to 430 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- Slice the onion fine.
- Cut the carrot and celery in small strips.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion.
- Bake for 3 minutes until the onion is translucent (but not brown).
- Add the beef and bake until it's done.
- Then add the carrot, celery and tomato paste and stir everything well.
- Bake for another 2 minutes, while stirring.
- Flavor the meat with soy sauce, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and let it simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Turn of the heat.
- Brush a casserole dish with butter.
- Place the sheets of puff pastry on the bottom (about 5-6 sheets, the other sheets you will need for the topping.)
- Put the meat in the puff pastry bowl.
- Cover the meat with the remaining puff pastry.
- Brush the top with a beaten egg.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Take the casserole to the oven en bake for 25 minutes.