Semur Daging is a traditional Indonesian recipe in which beef is slowly braised (stewed) in delicious spices and sweet soy sauce. The combination of tender beef, tomatoes, soy sauce, and spices is delicious and that is why this is so tasty. And it's really easy to make in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Semur Daging
Semur Daging is an authentic Indonesian beef recipe that is simmered in Kecap, tomatoes, and other spices. It is a real topper from Indonesian cuisine.
And you can now make this Indonesian beef in soy sauce quickly and really easily yourself. In the slow cooker. Because that ensures that you only briefly fry the ingredients and then let the slow cooker do its work. A delicious recipe!
What do you need for Beef Braised in Kecap
For the preparation of Semur Daging you need the following ingredients (you can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog):
What do you use for the Daging Smoor Boemboe?
The bumbu is a finely ground or ground spice mixture that is used in Indonesian cuisine. For the bumbu from Daging Smoor from the Crockpot, use onion, garlic, shrimp paste, kemiri nuts, salt, chili paste, cloves, galangal, ginger powder, and nutmeg. You can grind it in a food processor or crush it in a mortar.
How do you make Indonesian Stew in the Slow Cooker?
A recipe with extensive steps, the right amount of ingredients, and which you can also easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
Starting with finely grinding the ingredients for the bumbu. You fry it briefly so that the flavors are released even better. Then fry the meat briefly until it is brown on all sides. It doesn't have to be cooked yet.
Place the contents of the pan in the slow cooker and add the soy sauce, diced tomatoes, and palm sugar. Place the crushed lemongrass and two salam leaves on top. Turn the slow cooker on high for 6 to 8 hours. Remove the lemongrass and salam leaves.
- Lemongrass - Crush the lemongrass to release the flavors. You do this by bending it in several places.
- Slow cooker setting and time - Set the slow cooker to low and let the meat cook for 6 to 8 hours. If you set the slow cooker to high, it will be ready in 4 - 6 hours.
- Serve with - This is delicious with rice or noodles goreng and a delicious spicy cucumber salad.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Crockpot Semur Daging
- 2 onions quartered
- 4 cloves garlic halved
- ½ teaspoon Shrimp paste
- 2 candlenuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon galangal powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 pounds chuck roast cut into 1 x 1 inches (2 x 2 cm) cubes
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- ½ cup kecap Manis or sweet soy sauce
- 2 salam leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass or sereh bruised
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Place the onion, garlic, shrimp paste, candlenuts, salt, chili paste, cloves, galangal, ginger powder, and nutmeg in the food processor and pulse until finely ground (see tip 1).2 onions, 4 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon Shrimp paste, 2 candlenuts, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon chili paste, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, ½ teaspoon galangal powder, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Put the oil in the pan and stir-fry the bumbu for 2 minutes.1 tablespoon oil
- Add the meat to the bumbu and fry it until it is brown on all sides (it does not have to be cooked yet).2 pounds chuck roast
- Place everything from the skillet into the slow cooker.
Semur Daging in the slow cooker
- Add the diced tomatoes, soy sauce, and palm sugar. Stir everything well.1½ cups diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon palm sugar, ½ cup kecap Manis
- Place the salam leaves and lemongrass on top.2 salam leaves, 1 stalk lemongrass
- Turn on the slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the lemongrass stem and salam leaves and serve.
The bumbu is fried in a skillet so that all the flavors are released. 2. Lemongrass - Crush the lemongrass to release the flavors. You do this by bending it in several places. 3. Slow cooker setting and time - Set the slow cooker to low and let the meat cook for 6 to 8 hours. If you set the slow cooker to high, it will be ready in 4 - 6 hours. 4. Larger portion? With almost all recipes, you can then press the 2 × button, but not with a slow cooker recipe. If you double the weight in meat, add ¼ - ⅓ cup (50 to 100 ml) of extra liquid. 5. Serve with -
This is delicious with rice or Bami Goreng and a delicious spicy cucumber salad. 6. - Storage
- Refrigerator - Cool the Semur Daging quickly. You can keep the Indian stew covered in the fridge for up to two days.
- Freezer - Allow the meat to cool quickly and place in an airtight freezer box or bag and freeze. This keeps it good for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator.
- Reheat - Heat the Daging stew in the skillet over medium heat while continuing to stir until hot.