This is delicious ice cream on warm Summer evenings where you want some coolness: Beer ice with orange. Great when served with some fresh fruit is an alternative to a refreshing beer. Cheers!
Sometimes it's so hot and you long for something cool and cold. A beer would have been nice. But if you want a delicious alternative this beer ice with a hint of orange is great. Thereby you can serve some delicious fruit, making it look (a little bit) healthy. To make this beer ice with orange juice you won't need an ice machine. Because alcohol is in the beer (and remains) it won't freeze to hard in the freezer. When you make sure that when you're freezing you whisk with a fork to break down the ice crystal, it comes quite right. Cheers!
- you use alcohol in this ice in the ice will become less hard (alcohol has a lower freezing point). Don't change the volume of the added beer because when you add more beer, there won't be much ice cream left.
- you want even more refreshment use grapefruit instead of orange juice.
- you want a slightly sweet ice cream so I used Radler beer.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Beer ice with orange
- 400 mL orange juice
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Mix the orange juice with the Radler beer and pour into a freezer box.
- Place the tray in the freezer and let the ice freeze-up. Stir every 30 minutes (until it's frozen) with a fork, so you get pretty small ice crystals.
Leave a Reply