Black and white chocolate walnut cookies. Easy to prepare and very tasty. With 2 chocolates and crunchy walnuts.
I love chocolate and I love cookies. It's inherited, my father had it, I've got it and all of my children have it.
Luckily for them they also got their fathers genes, so they need a lot of energy and stay thin whatever they are eating. A shame that I don't have that gene pool.
My middle son thought the cookies were so delicious the first one disappeared before I've could made a picture of it. You can see the last crumbs on the photo. Luckily I made a batch of this cookies, so the pictures eventually were made.
A good thing of this cookies is that you can keep the dough in the freezer, for the time that you need them. You have to add 2 minutes to the baking time when frozen, but you will got the nicest fresh cookies for your visitors (or your own family). You just double the amounts on the ingredient list and put half of it in the freezer.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Black and white chocolate
Did you make this black and white chocolate walnut cookies? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Black and white chocolate walnut cookies
- 125 gram flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 125 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 110 gram sugar
- 60 gram light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg size L
- 80 gram chocolate chips dark chocolate
- 80 gram white chocolate chips
- 65 grams walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Put a baking sheet on two baking plates.
- Mix the solid ingredients: the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix in a second bowl the butter, for about 2 minutes (untill it gets lighter). Pour the two sugars in the bowl with butter and mix for another two minutes.
- Mix the vanilla and egg through the butter and lower the speed of your mixer.
- Whisk the flour mixture in and mix on low speed for about 1 minute.
- Add both chocolates and walnuts in the bowl and mix them in with a spatula through the batter.
- Use a spoon to put a small heap of dough on the baking plate. Leave enough room between the cookies, because they will get bigger.
- The baking plate goes 12 minutes in the oven.
- Afterwards put the plate for about 1 minute at room temperature and use a wide spatula to move the cookies from the plate to a rack.
- Cool the cookies to room temperature. In about 15 minutes the will be harden out enough to put them in your cookie basket (and I cross fingers that in your familiy the cookies will make it all the way to the basket).
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.