These chocolate cookies are quite crispy and got a great chocolate flavor. They've got a thin sugar crust on the outside. The recipe is that easy that they will be finished in a wink.
Delicious homemade chocolate cookies. With cocoa and dark chocolate. Delicious creamy because of the butter. And a crispy sugar topping, so really delicious. And these cookies are easy to prepare. And I'm going to bake them more often.
The recipe I used is based on the book Great cookies secrets to sensational sweets Carole Walter.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 140 grams flour
- 15 grams cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 115 grams butter soft unsalted
- 135 grams sugar
- 100 grams dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs size L
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 285 grams dark chocolate chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar for finishing
- Put a pan of water on the fire. Hang a bowl in the water and add the chocolate. Put on low heat and let the chocolate melt in the bowl. When it has melted you remove the bowl from the water and set them aside. (au bain-marie method)
- Put the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt) and stir well with a fork.
- Mix the butter with both sugars creamy (about 2 minutes mixing).
- Break the eggs 1 at a time above the bowl while continuing to mix.
- Mix the vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Turn the mixer low. Add the dry ingredients while you keep mixing. When everything is incorporated stop mixing.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit/ 190 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the sugar for finishing in a bowl.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and take with a tablespoon a scoop of the size of a walnut from the dough. Roll between your palms into a ball and roll that in sugar.
- Place on the baking sheet. Leave enough space in between, because they flow out in the oven later.
- Put the baking tray in the oven for 11 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container until use.