Crunchy coconut, creamy caramel. A delicious cookie. A recipe you should really bake yourself.
When I was looking in the Martha Stewart living, I saw this recipe for coconut cookies with caramel. They looked at me and I knew I was going to bake these. So I started out the recipe and now I'm convinced: They are delicious.
I adapted the recipe slightly, make it even more simple and less messy and I share it with you
Recipe coconut cookies with caramel
Coconut cookies with caramel
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 125 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 75 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams flour
- pinch salt
- 1 egg size M
- 30 grams coconut grated
- 8 pieces fudge
- 2 tablespoons milk
- seasalt or fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking plate with a baking sheet.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix for 3 minutes until it becomes airy.
- Sieve the flour and salt above the bowl, turn the mixer to low speed and mix until it's just incorporated. The dough will be a bit sticky.
- Put the grated coconut in a bowl.
- Make a ball of about 1½ cm diameter and roll through the coconut.
- Lay the ball on a baking plate and flatten it. Punch a hole in the middle with your finger.
- Repeat until you've got no dough left.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes and take them out of the oven.
- With the back of a wooden spoon, press again the hole in the middle.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the cookies from the oven and let them cool down to room temperature on a rack.
- In a small pan add the fudge and milk and let the fudge melt on low heat.
- Pour carefully (or use a spoon) some caramel in the hole.
- Fill all the cookies with the caramel.
- Sprinkle all the cookies with some salt and let them harden.