Crunchy coconut, creamy caramel. A delicious cookie. A recipe you should really bake yourself.
When I was looking in the Martha Stewart living, I saw this recipe for coconut cookies with caramel. They looked at me and I knew I was going to bake these. So I started out the recipe and now I'm convinced: They are delicious.
I adapted the recipe slightly, make it even more simple and less messy and I share it with you
Recipe coconut cookies with caramel
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Coconut cookies with caramel
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- 125 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 75 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams flour
- pinch salt
- 1 egg size M
- 30 grams coconut grated
- 8 pieces fudge
- 2 tablespoons milk
- seasalt or fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking plate with a baking sheet.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix for 3 minutes until it becomes airy.
- Sieve the flour and salt above the bowl, turn the mixer to low speed and mix until it's just incorporated. The dough will be a bit sticky.
- Put the grated coconut in a bowl.
- Make a ball of about 1½ cm diameter and roll through the coconut.
- Lay the ball on a baking plate and flatten it. Punch a hole in the middle with your finger.
- Repeat until you've got no dough left.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes and take them out of the oven.
- With the back of a wooden spoon, press again the hole in the middle.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the cookies from the oven and let them cool down to room temperature on a rack.
- In a small pan add the fudge and milk and let the fudge melt on low heat.
- Pour carefully (or use a spoon) some caramel in the hole.
- Fill all the cookies with the caramel.
- Sprinkle all the cookies with some salt and let them harden.