On Wednesday afternoon I bake cookies with the kids and today that ginger biscuits. To make ginger cookies you don't need a difficult recipe or bring a multitude of ingredients in the house. Most of you probably already have them in the pantry. Nor does the recipe takes a lot of effort.
And the ginger cookies are very tasty. I'm just going to quietly sit down and have a nice cup of coffee to drink. It was pure enjoyment.
Baking cookies is easy
Baking cookies isn't difficult. You make sure that the ingredients are very cold. Thereby the cookies will run out less on the baking sheet and keep its form. If you want to bake your cookies even better, leave them to become very cold in the refrigerator (about half an hour). Then immediately put them in the warm oven and you will see that your cookies will look great!
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
- 250 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons ginger ground
- 250 grams flour
- 125 grams ultrafine sugar + extra to sprinkle on top
- Line a baking plate with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (or 160 degrees Celsius).
- Mix the butter with the sugar until it's fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the flour and the ginger and mix the batter just until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Place the dough for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator. That way it won't stick to your working space and the cookies stay in form.
- Sprinkle your working space with a little bit of flour and roll the dough until it's about ⅕ inch (0,5 cm) thick.
- With a cookie-cutter stab the dough and place the cookie on the baking paper.
- Finish when you don't have any dough left.
- Put the baking plate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until the cookies are really cold.
- Bake 20 minutes in the oven.
- When taking the cookies out of the oven, sprinkle with the sugar.
- Let them cool down to room temperature on a rack.