Dragon Fruit, juicy and slightly sweet, is part of this delicious dragon fruit smoothie. Along with pomegranate, raspberry and banana a vitamin booster at top. And what a beautiful color anyway!
More and more and you can encounter exotic fruits in the supermarket. Special, because a few years ago, you couldn't get anything more than an apple, banana and pear (so to speak then). But today is an avocado a normal fruit in the supermarket range. And I also discovered the prickly pear, kumquat and carambola. Each delicious fruits that you can get more easily.
When I choose the pitahaya, the expensive name of dragonfruit, I bought the ones with the bright pink scalloped red outside and inside of white flesh with black seeds. If you cut him open, you will spontaneously fall in love, because saying all these bright colors, make you sure it must be a delicious piece of fruit The taste is slightly sweet and the flesh is firm and juicy. Great.
Tips and tricks
- If you bought dragon fruit, but you can't (or don't want to) use it right away, you can store the fruit for a few day at 6-8 degrees in the fridge
- In this recipe you use raspberries. They store best by laying in a single layer on a plate and stored in the refrigerator.
- Pomegranate can be bought as whole fruit and then you store it in the refrigerator as long. After cutting you keep the pomegranate seeds in a stone or glass jar (not plastic, because the plastic will turn into a bright red color) in the refrigerator or in the freezer (you can store them in the freezer for 3 months). But what I usually do is buy only the pomegranate seeds. Slicing a pomegranate gives quite a mess. I then use what I need and the rest I keep in the freezer for later use.
- Store bananas in the fruit bowl. Never in the refrigerator because then the skin turns brown and that just don't look nice, right?
- Greek yogurt provides the creamy taste of this smoothie. If you want a slimmer version, you use low-fat yogurt. In that case mix the smoothie a little longer (about 1 minute), it will be more airy and creamy.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Dragon Fruit
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Dragon fruit smoothie
- 1 piece dragon fruit
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 5 raspberries
- 1 banana
- 150 grams Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Peel the dragon fruit and cut in small pieces (optional: cut into slices and put one a side so you can use it as garnish)
- Put the dragon fruit, pomegranate seeds, raspberries, banana (sliced in small pieces), yogurt and (optional) honey in the blender and mix everything for 60 seconds.
- Pour the smoothie into two glasses and garnish (if you've have a slice) the edge of the glass with a piece of dragon fruit.