A healthy fresh smoothie: a strawberry orange smoothie. With Greek Yogurt to get a creamy drink. A healthy breakfast with only FIVE ingredients. A wonderfully refreshing and festive drink for the next brunch.
These juicy and tasty strawberries are super delicious. When they're in season then, because when eaten in December they look more like water bombs.
Strawberries are very versatile. You can of course eat them out of hand (or with some sugar), but they are also delicious for baking pastries or preserving jam, or make your own homemade sauce. And besides that, you can also make this healthy strawberry orange smoothie.
Just because you can!
A full list of ingredients can be found at the end of this blog.
- Strawberries - If possible, use fresh strawberries. Wash them and remove the crown (in this order. If you remove the crown first, then the strawberry sucks up the washing water and the fruit becomes watery). Cut them into quarters. If you cannot get fresh strawberries, you can also use frozen strawberries. Or replace the strawberries with raspberries or red berries.
- Yogurt - The yogurt gives a creamy taste to the smoothie. I use Greek yogurt, but if you want make a skinny smoothie then low-fat yogurt. And with soy yogurt, this smoothie becomes lactose-free.
- Orange - Of course you use an orange in a strawberry orange smoothie. Use a fresh orange and cut it in half. Then squeeze it. If you cannot get a fresh orange, you can also use 4 tablespoons of orange juice. It is also a great idea to make this smoothie with tangerine juice (4 tablespoons).
- Honey - Honey is used to make this strawberry orange smoothie slightly sweeter.
- Mint - A wonderfully fresh accent to this smoothie.
A recipe that can be printed can be found at the bottom of this blog in the recipe card.
Step 1 - Juice the oranges - Collect the juice. Remove any seeds.
Step 2 - Wash the strawberries and hull them. Cut the strawberries into quarters.
Step 3 - Place all ingredients in the blender bowl. Pour the yogurt, honey and orange juice into the bowl and add the mint and quartered strawberries.
Step 4 - Blend the strawberry orange smoothie - Turn on the smoothie for one minute so that everything is mixed and foamy. Pour into a glass and drink immediately.
Yes, that's possible. If you let the strawberries sit for 15 minutes, your blender will come through more easily.
Freeze them! Wash the strawberries and hull them. Place a baking paper on a baking tray and place the strawberries on top (as even as possible). Put the baking tray in the freezer. Let them freeze for at least four hours. Then remove the strawberries from the baking tray and put them in a freezer bag. TIP: Frozen strawberries are ideal for a frozen strawberry smoothie with orange.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Strawberry orange smoothie
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- ½ pound strawberries
- ¾ cup yogurt
- ½ orange juice
- 2 leafs mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice the orange.
- Hull the strawberries and quarter them.
- Add yogurt, strawberries, orange juice, mint, and honey to a blender.
- Turn it on for 1 minute until you've got a smooth and creamy drink.
- Pour in the glasses.
Yogurt - You can also use low-fat yogurt instead of Greek yogurt. Or use soy yogurt for a lactose-free smoothie.
Orange - Use orange juice if you don't have fresh oranges (4 tablespoons). You can also use mandarin juice.
Honey - A little bit of honey is added to further accentuate the sweetness of the strawberries. You can replace the honey with stevia or maple syrup. Or use half a banana. 4. - Storage - You could keep this smoothie in the refrigerator for up to one day, but preferably not. The creaminess will be less and the vitamins will also deteriorate if you keep it longer. So preferably make it fresh. If you have made too much, pour the smoothie into an ice cube tray and store in the freezer until use. You don't even have to let it thaw completely. This smoothie is delicious as a slush. 5. Nutrition - The nutrition facts listed are per smoothie.