A recipe for gingerbread cake with walnuts and raisins without butter or other fat. Tasty and a delicious treat.
Gingerbread cake is more common (see, for example, these three recipes), but it is so tasty that I'll always try out new variations. This is a fat-free variant filled with walnut and raisins. With a delicious gingerbread flavor, crunchy walnuts and juicy currants. And after baking enjoy a thick slice of gingerbread cake. You can smear it with a nice layer of butter (but then it is no longer fat-free). Delicious with coffee or a cup of tea.
It's a good taste!
Recipe gingerbread cake with walnuts and
Gingerbread cake with walnuts and raisins
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 250 grams self-raising flour
- 5 teaspoons gingerbread spices
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 200 ml milk
- 3 tablespoons currants
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Line the bottom of a cake tin (15 cm) with parchment paper.
- Chop the walnuts coarsely.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: the self-raising flour, spices, salt and sugar. Stir everything well with a fork.
- Then stir in the vinegar and milk and mix everything well on a low setting until mixed.
- Add the currants and walnuts and swirl them into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake the cake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Let the gingerbread cake stand for 5 minutes and then remove it from the baking tin.
- Let it cool on a wire rack.