Refreshing! That is, in one word summed up the flavor of this recipe for a Greek ouzo cocoktail with lemon and a pinch of oregano. An awfully nice welcome cocktail for your Greek buffet!
This is the last recipe in the series Greek buffet. The ninth and final recipe starts with: the welcome cocktail. At a party belongs a special drink that perfectly match your buffet. A drink that completes the whole. A welcome drink immediately sets the spirit of the party.
Now of course you can serve the national Greek drink called ouzo. Not a bad choice, even very Greek, but you can spice up your cocktail a bit. Some lemon for extra flavor and a fresh sprig of oregano which you can use as a stirring rod.
Tomorrow I will summarize the buffet for you, including a timetable, to make sure that it you've got a great party without any stress.
- ouzo is strong stuff, use small liqueur glasses. You will see that that is more than enough.
- This cocktail is tasty when it is served cold, so put theouzo in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
- To vary you can use also use lime instead of lemon.
In the morning:
- put the ouzo in the refrigerator
- make fresh lemon juice
- cut the herbs from the garden and put them wrapped in a damp paper towel covered with a layer of plastic wrap in the refrigerator. That way they will stay fresh.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Greek cocktail: Ouzo with lemon
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 20 ml ouzo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Pour the lemon juice in the glass
- Fill the glass with the cold ouzo.
- Insert a sprig of rosemary into the glass and serve.