Refreshing! That is, in one word summed up the flavor of this recipe for a Greek cocktail: ouzo with lemon and a pinch of oregano. An awfully nice welcome cocktail for your Greek buffet!
This is the last recipe in the series Greek buffet. The ninth and final recipe starts with: the welcome cocktail. At a party belongs a special drink that perfectly match your buffet. A drink that completes the whole. A welcome drink immediately sets the spirit of the party.
Now of course you can serve the national Greek drink called ouzo. Not a bad choice, even very Greek, but you can spice up your cocktail a bit. Some lemon for extra flavor and a fresh sprig of oregano which you can use as a stirring rod.
Tomorrow I will summarize the buffet for you, including a timetable, to make sure that it you've got a great party without any stress.
💭 Top tips
- ouzo is strong stuff, use small liqueur glasses. You will see that that is more than enough.
- This cocktail is tasty when it is served cold, so put theouzo in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
- To vary you can use also use lime instead of lemon.
In the morning:
- put the ouzo in the refrigerator
- make fresh lemon juice
- cut the herbs from the garden and put them wrapped in a damp paper towel covered with a layer of plastic wrap in the refrigerator. That way they will stay fresh.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Greek cocktail: Ouzo with lemon
- 20 ml ouzo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Pour the lemon juice in the glass
- Fill the glass with the cold ouzo.
- Insert a sprig of rosemary into the glass and serve.