Delicious poached chicken mousse flavored with walnuts and herbs and with creamy cream cheese processed into a delicious cream topping. Nice combined with crispy raisin bread.
A high tea requires a recipe with chicken and in this recipe the chicken is poached in a fragrant broth and then processed into a creamy mousse. The mousse is flavored with walnuts and delicious herbs such as thyme.
By serving the chicken mousse on a crispy round of raisin bread you get a super tasty sandwich with the right ratio of sweet and savory. Try it yourself!
1 day in advance
- make the chicken mousse and put it in the piping bag. Keep it in the refrigerator until use.
2 hours in advance
- Toast the raisin bread and let cool to room temperature
- Pipe the chicken mousse on the bread and garnish immediately
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- A conventional oven is used. When using a convection oven (with air fan) decrease the temperature with 30 °F / 20 °C
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- round cutter 7 cm diameter
- piping bag with a large nozzle
- 500 ml chicken broth
- 1 chicken breast
- 12 slices raisin bread
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper mixed
- 50 grams walnuts finely chopped
- 5 sprigs dried thyme fresh
- 1 orange zest
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Bring the stock to the boil.
- Poach the chicken breast in the broth for 10 minutes and then let it cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Spread butter ont op of a slice of raisin bread.
- Press with a cutter a round shape out of the bread and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat for each slice.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 5 minutes until crispy and let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise and salt and pepper in a bowl with a spatula.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and put it, together with the walnuts, in the blender. Grind until they are chopped fine.
- Mix the chicken walnut mixture with the cream cheese mixture with a spatula and put in the piping bag.
- Pipe a dash of chicken cream cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- Garnish with thyme and orange zest