Delicious poached chicken mousse flavored with walnuts and herbs and with creamy cream cheese processed into a delicious cream topping. Nice combined with crispy raisin bread.
A high tea requires a recipe with chicken and in this recipe the chicken is poached in a fragrant broth and then processed into a creamy mousse. The mousse is flavored with walnuts and delicious herbs such as thyme.
By serving the chicken mousse on a crispy round of raisin bread you get a super tasty sandwich with the right ratio of sweet and savory. Try it yourself!
1 day in advance
- make the chicken mousse and put it in the piping bag. Keep it in the refrigerator until use.
2 hours in advance
- Toast the raisin bread and let cool to room temperature
- Pipe the chicken mousse on the bread and garnish immediately
It's a good taste!
Recipe Sandwiches with creamy
Sandwiches with creamy chicken mousse
This recipe is:
- convectional oven or conventional oven (in that case increase the temperature indicated in the recipe by 20 degrees Celsius)
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- round cutter 7 cm diameter
- piping bag with a large nozzle
- 500 ml chicken broth
- 1 chicken breast
- 12 slices raisin bread
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper mixed
- 50 grams walnuts finely chopped
- 5 sprigs thyme fresh
- 1 orange zest
- Bring the stock to the boil.
- Poach the chicken breast in the broth for 10 minutes and then let it cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Spread butter ont op of a slice of raisin bread.
- Press with a cutter a round shape out of the bread and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat for each slice.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 5 minutes until crispy and let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise and salt and pepper in a bowl with a spatula.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and put it, together with the walnuts, in the blender. Grind until they are chopped fine.
- Mix the chicken walnut mixture with the cream cheese mixture with a spatula and put in the piping bag.
- Pipe a dash of chicken cream cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- Garnish with thyme and orange zest