And this time in the spotlight a delicious floury potato, which gets his flavor by the adding of chives parsley butter and a pinch of seasalt. And that's all you need, believe me.
Potatoes are very popular as a side dish in the Netherlands (although pasta and rice are great runner ups). And maybe you ask yourself why potatoes are such a popular side dish, but that's because you can vary them in so many ways. Bake them, steam, fry, cook or mash them. And probably I forget a few preparations.
There are a lot of different kind of potatoes, each one which it's on characteristics and flavor. A small potnatie, new harvest a delicious Eigenheimer or an Opperdoezer. And the purple truffle potatoes. So you always find a potato that suits you best.
It's a good taste!
Potatoes with chives parsley butter and a pinch of
Did you make this potatoes with chives parsley butter and a pinch of sea salt? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Potatoes with chives parsley butter and a pinch of seasalt
- 5 stalks parsley cut fine
- 5 stalks chives cut fine
- ½ teaspoon seasalt coarse
- 50 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 1 kg potatoes floury like Bintje
- Prepare the parsley chive butter by mixing the parsley, chives and sea salt through the butter.
- Peel the potatoes and quarter them.
- Wash them well.
- Put them in a pan with 5 cm water and a pinch of salt. If needed add water until the potatoes are at least covered with 1 cm extra water.
- Bring the water to the boil and cook the potatoes until they're done, in about 20 minutes. (You know when they're done when you prick the potatoes with a fork and you won't feel any resistance).
- Drain the potatoes and put them back on the heat for 15 seconds (the potatoes will get a dry outside).
- Add the herb butter and leave for about 1 minute.
- Mix the butter through the potatoes.
- Serve immediately
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils