Homemade garlic butter is the best. An easy and simple recipe with only 5 ingredients. Really delicious with a baguette, steak, chicken, and pasta.
One of my favourite recipes is garlic butter. It's delicious on a baguette or when you're eating your soup. Nice to put on a toast. Because it has lots of flavour (and also a bit of odour, so you will have to get your friends/family joining in you're garlic butter experience).
You can buy it in our store, but unfortunately, there are a lot of ingredients that don't belong (in my opinion) in there, that still gets in. Like E621, a flavor enhancer, but one which can have negative side effects if you eat them (I know from experience).
So I choose to make it myself. It tastes much better, it doesn't take a lot of time to make it and it is healthier too.
- Nice to eat with a baguette or as a filling in the garlic baguette with herbs
- Also delicious with a steak or some other piece of good meat.
- Vary with herbs. Try using thyme, rosemary, or basil. So you can adjust the flavor to season and/or dish.
- Know the feeling that you want to make garlic butter, but remember that just five minutes too late, and the butter is too cold to get it done? Try these three tricks:
- Cut the butter into small pieces, then it softens faster.
- Beat the butter flat by placing a plastic film on top of the butter and then smash it with a rolling pin. (this also works super well if you're frustrated or have stress;-)
- Fill a glass with hot water, let it stand for 1 minute, empty, dry, and put it over the cold butter. Within a very short time, the butter becomes soft, because of the warmth given by the glass.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to seeing it. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to save my recipes on Pinterest so you can find them easily next time. See you soon!
Homemade garlic butter
- 70 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Use a fork to soften the butter at room temperature.
- Mix the parsley, garlic, lemon juice and sea salt through the butter.
- Put it in a nice jar and leave it in the refrigerator until you're going to use it.