This Slow Cooker French Ham Steak Stew is a delicious dish with a deep, rich flavor. The slow cooking makes the meat wonderfully tender and full of flavor.
It is wonderfully flavored with onions, tomatoes, delicious herbs, and a hint of rosé. By adding cooking cream, you get a delicious creamy sauce. A gem on your plate.
Crock Pot French Slow Cooker Stew
It is a delicious recipe based on French cuisine. Slowly cooked meat in a spicy sauce of wine (or stock), vegetables, and herbs. Simmering over low heat for a longer period ensures the flavors have time to blend well, and the meat becomes wonderfully tender. Each region has its own stews and variations thereof.
Adding cream to the sauce gives it a velvety and rich taste, making the recipe luxurious. It makes this French stew with ham steaks even tastier.
French Ham Steak Stew
I served this French stew with pasta and a salad. The meat was wonderfully tender and delicious and almost fell off your fork. The sauce was creamy and velvety, and we liked mixing it with the pasta to enjoy it fully.
It is a straightforward recipe; you hardly have to worry about it. You just have to remember to add the cooking cream half an hour before serving so that everything gets seasoned. We enjoyed it; this recipe is highly recommended, especially if you like French cuisine.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Slow Cooker French Ham Steak Stew
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ¼ pound ham steaks cut into cubes of 1 x 1 inch (2 x 2 cm)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup rose wine
- 2 tomatoes cut into quarters
- 3 sprigs Fresh Parsley fresh
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup water
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves
- ½ cup heavy cream
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Place the chopped onion at the bottom of the slow cooker.1 onion
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Sprinkle the meat with flour, salt, and pepper and fry in the frying pan until golden brown.2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 ¼ pound ham steaks, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the meat in the slow cooker. Pour half of the rosé into the frying pan and scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Pour that into the slow cooker too.½ cup rose wine
- Place the tomatoes, wine, and water in the slow cooker. Also, add the thyme, parsley, and rosemary sprigs.2 tomatoes, 3 sprigs Fresh Parsley, 2 sprigs fresh thyme, 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, 1 cup water
- Crumble the stock cubes over the meat. Stir everything well.2 beef stock cubes
- Insert cloves into the bay leaves and place on top.2 bay leaves, 3 cloves
- Place the lid on the pot and let the stew cook on a low setting for 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and fresh herbs.
- Place the cream in a bowl and add a small portion of the sauce. Mix well and pour into the slow cooker. Stir well.½ cup heavy cream
- Place the lid on the pan and let it season for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with pasta, bread, or potatoes!
- Refrigerator: Cool the slow cooker French stew with ham steaks quickly. You can keep this covered in the fridge for up to two days.
- Freezer: Due to the addition of cooking cream, this recipe is unsuitable for freezing. The sauce can then curdle.
- Reheat: Place the meat in a pan and add two tablespoons of water. Heat this stew over medium heat while stirring until hot.