Do you like a tasty, warming meal on a cold day? This Beef and Winter vegetable Stew Slow Cooked is precisely what you need. Tender beef is slowly cooked together with winter vegetables in a tasty sauce with beer.
It is very easy to make; a simple way to put comfort food on the table without too much fuss.
Slow Cooker Winter Beef Stew
Now that it is autumn, I have again taken out my slow cooker. I do that more often because it's a good thing. Not only because you no longer have to worry about it when everything is put in the pot, but also because you can develop the flavors of the meat and vegetables to perfection.
For example, in this beef stew, the steaks slowly cook until they are wonderfully tender in a broth beer sauce. Added are delicious winter vegetables such as parsnips, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and leeks. The vegetables and meat absorb all the flavors and become tasty!
Winter Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Stew
This slow cooker stew is a real keeper and one that I will be making more often this winter. I served it with mashed potatoes with garlic because the stew already had a lot of vegetables; I didn't make anything extra. And the plates were all empty!
This dish is perfect to eat as an easy meal in the evening, but also to serve when you have a dinner party. You don't have to worry about it anymore.
So get started and enjoy this delicious beef stew with winter vegetables in a delicious sauce from the slow cooker. You won't get enough of it.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Beef and Winter Vegetable Stew Slow Cooked
- 2 pounds chuck roast cubes of 1 x 1 inch (2 x 2 cm)
- 2 tablespoons coarse mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ stick butter unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic squeezed
- 1 pound carrots scraped and cut into cubes
- 1 leek cleaned and cut into strips
- 1 pound sweet potatoes in cubes
- 1 pound parsnips peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 ¼ cup dark beer
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 cup water
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper and mix with the mustard.2 pounds chuck roast, 2 tablespoons coarse mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in the pan and fry the meat until brown on all sides for five minutes. Place the meat, juices, and scrapings in the slow cooker.½ stick butter
- Divide the carrot, parsnip, garlic, leek, and sweet potato over the meat.2 cloves garlic, 1 pound carrots, 1 leek, 1 pound sweet potatoes, 1 pound parsnips
- Pour the beer and water into the slow cooker. Crumble the stock cube over the ingredients.1 ¼ cup dark beer, 1 cup water, 1 beef stock cube
- Mix everything well and put the lid on the slow cooker. Turn on low and let cook for 8 hours.
- Mix and serve immediately.
- Refrigerator: Cool the Stew from the Slow Cooker quickly. You can keep this covered in the fridge for up to two days.
- Freezer: Allow the meat to cool quickly and place in an airtight freezer container or bag and freeze. This will keep it suitable for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator.
- Reheat: Heat the beef stew with winter vegetables over medium heat while stirring until hot.