Mongolian beef, nice and tender with a sweet sauce and vegetables. A popular recipe in the takeaway Chinese in America. In Slow Cooker version!
The slow cooker is a great solution when short in time in the evening. In the morning, you put your ingredients in the cooker, and when you come home at night your food is ready. And super tender, really so tender you can only get it when slow cooking it. And if you don't have time in the morning , then you just put all the ingredients in the cooking pot the night before and put that in your fridge. Then you only have to take it out in the morning, put the bowl in the slow cooker and turn on the device.
Maybe when reading the title of this recipe you might have thought: Mongolian beef (especially when you're not living in America I guess)? Indeed it was my first thought. Mongolian beef is a specialty of the Chinese in America. As with our Babi Pangang and Foe Young Haito which is served in any Chinese in the Netherlands. Seemed like a good idea to prepare it. By cooking it in the slow cooker you get very tender meat, a tasty sweet sauce (not spicy) combined with vegetables (and I opted for carrots).
Serve with some rice and cucumber strips and you have a delicious meal.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Slow Cooker Mongolian
Did you make this slowcooker Mongolian beef? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Slow cooker Mongolian beef
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 600 grams beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 175 ml soy sauce
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 3 carrots sliced into small cubes
- Cut the beef steak into thin strips.
- Put the meat in a bag and scoop the flour in and close the bag. Shake well so that the meat is covered with flour.
- Put the meat in a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix everything.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 6 hours. If you are very late and you have less time, use the high setting and cook the meat in 3 hours.
- Serve with rice and cucumber strips for example.