Eggs in hot sauce, a delicious flavored appetizers. With the best flavors of the Middle East. This vegetarian Indonesian recipe is the best.
Indonesian cuisine does not only bring us delicious meat dishes but also the vegetarian is a kitchen with great flavors. Consider this eggs and hot sauce recipe: a delicious recipe full flavor, where your nose continuously smells great spices, and a meal flavored as usual in the Oriental.
By baking the cooked eggs, they get crunchy and extra rich in flavor. And the spicy pepper gives a taste tint which is great by the addition of the coconut milk. Simply a delicious dish.
It's a good taste!
Eggs and hot sauce
Eggs in hot sauce
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper deseeded
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon galangal
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- pinch white pepper
- 2 salam leaves
- 50 ml water
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- Boil the eggs until they are hard and peel them.
- Put some oil in a frying pan and fry the eggs until they've got a nice crispy brown layer.
- Take them out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Slice the shallots, garlic and pepper finely.
- Put them into the pan and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, galangal, coriander, turmeric, palm sugar, pepper, salam leaves and 50 ml of water into the pan.
- Stir fry for 1 minute so that the flavors blend well.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon grass and star anise to the pan.
- Crush the cardamom pods and add to the spice mixture.
- Finally, add the eggs and simmer 10 minutes.