Spinach is packed with vitamin C and iron, there was a reason that Popeye ate cans with spinach. This spinach meatloaf casserole is therefore tasty and healthy. It's a feast!
Thursday is a crowds day. And I do believe that I rained wet for five times today. And because of the icy wind it was not pleasant at all. I shivered all day (and still am not quite warmed) and I drank a lot of tea.
And so I was quite looking forward to this dish of spinach meatloaf casserole. Quickly ready and very tasty.
spinach meatloaf casserole
- 1 kg potatoes
- 100 ml milk
- 30 grams butter unsalted
- 1 onion
- 400 grams minced beef
- 400 grams spinach
- 30 grams tomato paste
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 50 grams bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the potatoes and cook them in a layer of water in 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk and butter.
- Mash the potatoes and stir in the hot milk and butter.
- Chop the onion and fruit them (about 3 minutes).
- Add the minced beef and bake it until it is nicely browned.
- Spoon in the tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the meat in the pan and stir well. If it is still a bit wet, bake a while until it gets drier.
- Spoon the chopped spinach mixture on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add the mashed potatoes on top of it and smoothen the top.
- Spread the cream cheese over the potatoes and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven.