A delicious vegetarian quiche with sweet shallot, spicy goat cheese, thyme and creamy egg. Delicious with a brunch for example, at Christmas or lunch.
Always a nice addition to a brunch is a quiche. And this rich quiche with shallots, goat cheese and thyme is delicious and got a creamy filling. I find him myself very tasty lunch with a salad.
How I got as a quiche? Since we often have brunch at Christmas I prepared like it as well as possible. With a quiche you can do that just fine. You have two options for this. At the first bake for 20 minutes now and then you freeze him. That way you can him to two weeks of it before.
The second option, if you want to bake him really fresh is that you make the dough the day before and the shallots already browns. So you do on the day itself just to stop the dough in the shape, the filling over it to divide and bake.
Both good methods and you make yourself that way pretty easy. A stress-free Christmas.
- If you want to shorten the total preparation time for at least half an hour use store bought dough.
- If you want to make the recipe a bit skinnier, use light cream instead of normal cream.
- By cooling the quiche dough before baking it won't rise as much and the quiche will look better.
Recipe Vegetarian shallot goat cheesequiche
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
vegetarian quiche with shallot and goat cheese
- quiche form 20 cm diameter
- 130 gram flour
- pinch salt
- 60 ml olive oil
- 60 ml ice-water water with ice cubes
- 6 shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 100 grams goat cheese grated
- 4 eggs size L
- 250 ml cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Mix the flour and salt in a food processor (with the knife).
- Add the olive oil.
- Pulse and then add ice water to the bowl.
- Pulse once again, to release the dough of the wall of the bowl.
- Take out of the bowl and make a circle from the dough, just a little bit larger then your quiche dish. (about 28 cm diameter)
- Cover your quiche dish with the dough
- Put the form at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Slice the shallots finely
- Melt the butter in the pan and fry the onion with thyme on low heat for 10 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the cream.
- Cover the bottom of the quiche with the onion. Spread the cheese on top.
- Pour the cream / egg mixture over the quiche and put the quiche in the oven.
- Bake the quiche 30 to 40 minutes (until it is firm and light brown).
Leave a Reply