Crunchy chocolate biscuits on a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese topping. Baking Oreo cupcakes is not difficult with this recipe.
Oreos have special status, it's trendy to eat them. How they ever succeeded to that cult status, no idea, but perhaps it is because of the delicious taste. The two chocolate cookies with a delicious cream almost irresistibly tasty. Nowadays they appear in many new variations, but for me the original version is still the very best.
Now Coen, our youngest, loves to bake and he asks every weekend, what shall we try this time. Not good for the figure, but great to bake together. And he wanted something with Oreo. Oreo cupcakes seemed very tasty to him. So we first baked chocolate cupcakes and then we made a topping with Oreo crumbs. Coen found that there actually should have been a topping of a whole Oreo, but I myself felt that probably was just to much, so the compromise was to take half a cookie. It therefore looks more festive. And off course we made a photo to show the end result.
TIPS OREO BAKE CUPCAKES
- Let the cupcakes cool down to room temperature after baking and before piping the topping. Otherwise the topping will melt and drips off the cupcake.
- Make sure the cream cheese and butter are at room temperature, otherwise you get lumps in the topping.
- Use powdered sugar instead of regular sugar in the topping. Regular sugar does not dissolve well and then you get a crunch topping.
- Because you use crushed Oreo take a nozzle with a large opening, preferably no cartel, which clogg very quickly.
- After making the cupcakes save them in the fridge, and they will certainly stay good for two days.
It's a good taste!
Recipe baking oreo
Did you make this Oreo cupcakes? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Oreo cupcakes with topping
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 8 grams baking powder
- 220 grams sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg size L
- 180 ml milk
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 200 grams cream cheese room temperature
- 50 grams butter unsalted, room temperature
- 75 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Take the cupcake baking plate and put paper cups in the holes.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix the egg, milk, ollie and vanilla extract until lightly foamy.
- Spoon the flour mixture into the bowl with the egg-milk mixture and mix the batter until well blended.
- Divide the batter over the paper trays.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes (until the cupcakes are cooked. Check that by piercing the center of the cupcake with a skewer. If the skewer comes out dry, the cupcake is cooked.)
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Crumble the Oreo cookies in a blender.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract, until fluffy.
- Fold in the ground Oreo cookies.
- Transfer the topping to a piping bag and pipe a generous swirl on the cooled cupcakes.
- Leave to set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Optional: decorate with a half Oreo cookie just before serving.