This Halloween Trifle with Oreo and brownies. The dessert for the chocolate lover! And ready in 15 minutes! A delicious trifle with a bottom layer of brownie drizzled with caramel, then a layer of Oreo cookies crumbled on top, chocolate mousse, cubes of caramel fudge topped with whipped cream, and a chocolate spider web. So super fun for Halloween!
Halloween Trifle with Oreo and Brownies
An excellent dessert is part of a great dinner, and a trifle is on my favorites list. This trifle is made of a delicious brownie layer, drizzled with caramel syrup.
Crumbled Oreo cookies, creamy chocolate mousse, chopped fudge cubes on top, and everything repeated. And finally, you end up with a delicious layer of whipped cream in which you draw a chocolate spider web.
Chocolate Spider Web
Such a chocolate spider web sounds a lot harder than it is, by the way. With the chocolate sauce, you make several circles from large to small on the whipped cream. Then draw lines from the inside out with a skewer. Finally, the spider web is ready.
Can you make this trifle a day in advance?
It is best to make the trifle an hour before eating and let it cool in the fridge. If you made the trifle much sooner, the brownies and Oreo cookies would be completely soft. That's much less tasty.
So for Halloween dinner, you make a fresh trifle. But if you have any leftovers, I would enjoy them the next day. Because even though the brownie and Oreo have a slightly different structure, it's a shame to throw them away.
What do you need for Oreo Brownie Trifle?
To prepare this Halloween trifle, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Brownies - Buy them ready-made or easily make these delicious fudgy brownies yourself!
- Oreos - Oreos are available in many varieties today. These original ones are delicious for this recipe because they have the best chocolate flavor, but you can vary them to your heart's content.
- Fudge - Make homemade caramel fudge or buy it at the supermarket. Caramel or vanilla fudge is the best!
- Chocolate mousse - Use a delicious chocolate mousse, homemade or store-bought; pure is delicious! But if you prefer milk chocolate mousse, you can do that too!
- Chocolate sauce - This can be found in the dessert sauces in the supermarket.
- Sugar - Use regular sugar.
How to prepare No-Bake Oreo Trifle
A recipe that you can easily print can be found at the bottom of the blog.
- Cut the brownie into cubes and divide half in the bottom of the dish. Pour three tablespoons of caramel sauce on top. Crumble half of the Oreo cookies and place them in a nice layer on the brownies.
- Spread half of the chocolate mousse over the Oreo cookies. Cut the fudge into quarters, and half of the fudge goes on the chocolate mousse. Repeat these layers. So first, the brownies, caramel sauce, crumbled Oreo cookies, chocolate mousse, and finish with the fudge.
- Whip the cream until stiff and spoon it onto the trifle. Make a few circles on the whipped cream with the chocolate sauce. Work from the outside in and finish with a dollop of sauce in the middle.
- Then take a skewer and draw a line from the center outwards. This will give you a spider web as a topping.
- Use Blondies instead of brownies and vanilla pudding instead of mousse.
- Make individual servings in a glass.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Halloween Trifle with Oreo and brownies
- 7 oz. brownies cut in small cubes
- 6 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 5 oz. Oreo cookies crumbled
- 2 cups chocolate mousse
- 3½ oz caramel fudge cut in small cubes
- 1 cup whipped cream
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Fill the bowl with half of the brownie cubes.7 oz. brownies
- Sprinkle three tablespoons of caramel syrup on top of the brownies.6 tablespoons caramel syrup
- Crumble half of the Oreo cookies on top.5 oz. Oreo cookies
- Spread 1 cup (200 grams) of chocolate mousse on the cookies.2 cups chocolate mousse
- Sprinkle with half the caramel fudge.3½ oz caramel fudge
- Repeat the five layers (brownies-caramel syrup - Oreo cookies - chocolate mousse - caramel fudge).7 oz. brownies, 6 tablespoons caramel syrup, 5 oz. Oreo cookies, 2 cups chocolate mousse, 3½ oz caramel fudge
- Spread the whipped cream on top of the trifle.1 cup whipped cream
- Make chocolate sauce circles on top of the whipped cream. Start with a large circle and make smaller circles inside the previous circle.¼ cup chocolate sauce
- With a skewer, draw a line from the middle to the outside. That way, you get a spider web idea.
- Refrigerator - Refrigerate your trifle until you're ready to eat. Cover it gently with a plastic foil. You can store it for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Freezer - You can't freeze a trifle.