A wonderful recipe this great strawberry trifle. An easy recipe to prepare and an English trifle is always a winner.
A delicious dessert for a Sunday dinner in Spring! A delicious strawberry trifle. Easy to prepare, because you can buy the cake rolls filled with strawberry jelly in the supermarket. But off course the best are these homemade strawberry cake rolls, which recipe you can find on the site right here.
The cream pudding, crunchy pecan nuts and fresh strawberries make a truly delicious dessert.
- when you choose to make up your own pudding, make sure you put a plastic foil on top of the pudding when cooling down. Otherwise a thick skin will form.
- If you want to cool the pudding faster, stretch it on a baking plate.
- You can prepare the trifle for the bigger part in the morning. But don't add the pecans or fresh strawberries yet. The nuts will soften to much and the strawberries should be washed and put on top just before serving.
- If you don't feel like making your own pudding, just use store bought one.
- You can substitute pecan nuts with walnuts
- Substitute peaches with tangerines on syrup, that's really delicious.
- The cake roll can be replaced by using lady fingers.
- Smear some strawberry jam on top of the cake for even more flavor.
- Are you preparing this dessert for adults only? Sprinkle some red port on top of te cake. And serve the port in a beautiful glass as a side with this trifle.
- Trifle can be stored, while covered with plastic foil, in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Don't freeze your trifle. The structure will change and you won't be fond of it.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this strawberry trifle? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
- 300 grams cake Strawberry Cake roll
- 800 mL milk whole
- 200 ml cream
- 60 grams sugar
- 40 grams corn flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 225 grams peaches on syrup
- 50 grams pecan nuts
- 250 grams strawberries fresh
- Bring 750 mL of milk, the cream, pinch of salt and sugar to a boil.
- Take the remaining 50 mL of milk and stir with the egg yolks and cornstarch to a paste without lumps.
- When the milk/cream boils, add the cornflour paste to it and stir well.
- Bring back (on low heat) to a boil while stirring with whisk until it thickens.
- Turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Mix it again thoroughly.
- Let it cool down to room temperature (put a plastic sheet on the custard to prevent skin forming).
- Cut the cake into thin slices and spread it on the outside and bottom of the bowl as a cover.
- Pour some syrup from the peaches on the cake slices.
- Cut the peaches into slices and spread over the cake bottom.
- Pour the cooled custard on the peaches.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the crown and quarter.
- Spread the strawberries over the top of the custard.
- Sprinkle some pecans in the middle.
- Allow to stand for at least 1 hour (in the refrigerator) , so that the flavors can optimize.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.