If you get visitors which you haven't been expecting, bake sweet pretzels. A crispy and crunchy pretzel is irresistible.
A crisp and crunchy sweet pretzel is irresistible. The layers puff when you slowly bite through, full of lightness. The sweet sugar crystals that slowly melt in your mouth. It's one of my favorite cookies. And certainly if I get an unexpected visit, I like to bake them. Because baking pretzels almost takes no time and effort. And pretzels contain only two ingredients, it won't become any easier.
The base is, of course, puff pastry. I always choose a butter puff pastry base because that almost seems to melt in your mouth. Sugar is just normal granulated sugar. Not the fine variety, but rather the somewhat coarser suits, because you'll get the crystals on top and a concentrated flavor burst in your mouth.
Make sure you pretzels are stored in a air-thight jar immediately after baking and cooling down. Sweet pretzels has a tendency to become soft quickly if kept on a scale too long. And even better, bake them fresh every time you've got a craving for them.
It's a good taste!
Recipe baking sweet
Did you make this Baking sweet pretzels? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Baking sweet pretzels
- 5 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the pastry into strips.
- Brush with a brush water.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Fold the puff pastry in half vertically (so the sugar remains on the outside)
- Shape pretzels from the puff where you hold up the sugar side. Fold out the left side to the middle and then the right. A pretzel shape emerges.
- Lay down on the baking tin (the easiest with a palette knife).
- Bake 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool to room temperature