A tasty recipe of braised ribs in red wine. This makes the meat wonderfully tender and the vegetables and sauce complement the dish.
We ate ribs often in summer times, grilled on the bbq. But did you know that they are also very delicious as a winter dish, stewed in wine. They n ybecome very tender, the meat comes of the bones almost all by themselves. The vegetables and sauce make this recipe complet. It’s a simple recipe, it only takes some stewing time, about 3 hours and 30 minutes. But that’s also a great advantage because when you want to serve it with Easter, you put the stew on the stove early (about 2 o’clock) and you serve it with inner (and you don’t have to watch after it). The braised ribs are delicious with baked potatoes or healthy French fries Simply delicious I would call this.
Recipe braised ribs in red wine
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Braised ribs in red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kilogram short ribs unflavored, cut in pieces with 3-4 bones
- salt and pepper
- 10 carrots sliced in 1 cm pieces
- 2 stalks celery cut in ½ cm slices
- 1 onion sliced in rings
- 1 tablespoon gingerbread spices
- 1500 ml red wine sweet
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Take a casserole and add the oil. Heat on high heat.
- Flavor the ribs with salt and pepper and bake them in the oil until they're brown. Take them out with a slotted spoon.
- Add to the casserole, the sliced carrots, celery and onion and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, red wine and thyme and mix every thing well.
- Put the ribs in the stew liquid and the bay leaf on top.
- Cover the casserole with a lid and let it simmer for 3 - 3.5 hours, until the meat is done.
- Take out the bay leaf and taste. Add some salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the ribs with veggies and sauce.