A casserole with salmon and spinach and covered with puff pastry. Such a great dish, no side dish needed. Simple and easy to prepare.
A casserole in the spring / early summer? Yes you can, and it's certainly great when you use ingredients which are in season. This casserole with salmon and spinach is therefore with lots of vegetables that are in season: spinach, peas and arugula. Supplemented with salmon, a nice oily fish is good for the omega three. And to completely finish the casserole, you add some puff pastry on top. Serve the dish hot from the oven and you don't even need a side dish.
Vegetables in season:
In June there is a lot of supply of various vegetables in the Netherlands that are in season right now. Many leafy greens such as endive, bok choy, lettuce, spinach and sea lavender. Also, a number of coal are now at their best: cauliflower, Chinese cabbage, red cabbage, kohlrabi and broccoli are not to be despised now. Root vegetables like beetroot, are also available harvested from the Dutch grounds. Fresh sweet peas, beans and fennel can be harvested and also cucumbers, zucchini and the first tomatoes (from the cold greenhouses). And of course don't forget the carrots.
Just a short list of vegetables from this season. I like cooking with them, because fruit and vegetables from the season are full of flavor. They are sweeter, firmer and tastier. And if you want to serve great meals, then cooking from season is one of the best tips. Look on the internet for the vegetables that are in season in your country.
It's a good taste!
Casserole with salmon and
Did you make this casserole with salmon and spinach? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
casserole with salmon and spinach
- 450 grams spinach fresh
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 500 grams salmon
- 4 eggs size L
- 150 grams cream cheese with herbs
- 200 grams peas
- 150 grams arugula
- 10 sheets puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- Add the spinach and water and let the spinach dwindle fast.
- Put the spinach in a colander and let it drain.
- In the meanwhile clean the pan and pour the rest of the sunflower oil in it.
- Heat and cook the salmon on both sides for 3 minutes. Let it cool slightly.
- Mix the cream cheese with the eggs.
- In a bowl mix the drained spinach with the egg-cream cheese mixture, peas and arugula and season with salt and pepper.
- Put this mixture at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Divide the salmon into pieces and put it on the vegetable mixture.
- Lay the sheets of puff pastry loosely on top and press the sides of the dough around the filling.
- Using a knife, slice 3 indentations in the upper layer (3 indentations)
- Bake until golden brown in 35 minutes in the oven.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- oven dish and roasting pan
- frying pan
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat