A delicious chicken teriyaki shish kebab recipe. Tender pieces of chicken marinated in Teriyaki marinade interspersed with tasty vegetables and fruit. Delicious on the bbq and grill.
A wonderfully easy Monday recipe today with a video to show that it is really very simple to make. And tasty too. We are going to make:
But what exactly is a shish kebab? It's a dish that has its origins in the Middle East. A literal translation of Shish Kebab is skewer grill. It contains marinated pieces of meat or fish that you stick on a skewer, intersected with vegetables. You then grill this kebab until it's done.
As meat or fish can think of lamb, chicken, goat, shrimp or beef, but usually no pork. As vegetables you can think of onion, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms or fruit such as pineapple, mango and apple are commonly used.
Tips for making
When making a Shish kebab there are a number of points that you should definitely pay attention to. I have summarized them for you in some handy tips:
- cut your meat into pieces that are about the same size. This way the pieces are ready at the same time and you don't accidentally have raw meat on your skewer. You are certainly not waiting for food poisoning.
- Use a marinade to season the meat or fish. A marinade often has three important ingredients: oil, acid and seasonings. Regarding the seasoning, it is probably very clear what their function is. You use the acid especially for pieces of meat (the acid is not necessary with chicken or fish), because it makes the meat more tender. You mix the oil through the marinade because you grill the Shish kebab. This way it burns less quickly.
- When choosing your fruit or vegetables, always remember which type of meat or fish you use. Shrimp are cooked in a short time and zucchini and cherry tomato go well with that. But if you make a shish kebab with beef, then you are grilling the meat for a longer time and you better choose a vegetable (or fruit) that can cook a little longer, such as peppers, onion and pineapple (and you can even think of new potatoes).
- Kebab is delicious with potatoes and rice, but is often eaten with pita sandwiches in the Middle East. So you've got plenty of choice with side dishes.
It's a good taste!
Recipe Chicken Teriyaki
Chicken Teriyaki Shish Kebab
- 150 ml soy sauce
- 75 grams brown sugar
- 3 cm ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic squeezed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Shish kebab skewers
- 3 chicken fillets
- 1 red onion cut into rings
- 1 red pepper diced
- 200 grams pineapple diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, sesame oil and garlic.
- Heat the marinade over a low heat so that the sugar dissolves and let it cool.
- Cut the chicken into pieces of equal size and mix them into the marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for two hours.
- Meanwhile, place the wooden sticks in some water so that they are well moist and won't burn when you grill.
Prepare Shish Kebab
- Drain the chicken.
- Mix a piece of bell pepper, chicken, pineapple, chicken, onion, chicken, cherry tomatoes, chicken on each skewer and finish with a piece of bell pepper.
- Preheat the grill (or barbecue) until hot.
- Grill the shish kebab for 6 minutes on both sides.