A real chocoholic will like this easy recipe for homemade chocolate chip cupcakes. Made from scratch, moist and filled with lots of chocolate
For a chocoholic like me there can only be one conclusion after making these cupcakes: super delicious. The combination of chocolate and cake can only be good. The chocolate bursts in your mouth when you bite into it, but it's packaged into this soft creamy cake.
- You use cornstarch and mix that with the flour, the cake becomes soft and fluffy.
- You use baking powder to rise you get beautiful cupcakes. Use baking powder and not baking soda. Baking powder start working when adding liquid. When using baking soda you also need something acidic.
- Use all ingredients at room temperature, that way the cupcakes will become more airy.
- Substitute cornstarch, flour and baking powder with 450 grams cake flour
- You can substitute milk chocolate with dark or white chocolate chips.
- Add 50 grams chopped walnuts through the batter for even more crips and flavor
- Use white, dark and milk chocolate all together (each 100 grams)
- Which way you're going to store your cupcakes, always allow them to cool to room temperature!
- Store the cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature. They will stay good for 2 days.
- Don't store them in the refrigerator. The structure of the cupcake will change.
- If you want to store them in the freezer put them first in a plastic wrap and then in an airtight box. You can store up to 3 months in a freezer. Before eating them let them thaw at room temperature. This will take about 2 hours. Make sure that when thawing you remove as much of the plastic foil as possible (without damaging the cupcakes).
Other delicious cupcake
- Tiramisu cupcakes
- Oreo cupcakes
- Cupcakes with a salted caramel topping
- Lactose free chocolate cupcakes
It's a good taste!
Recipe chocolate chip
Did you make this Chocolate chip cupcakes? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Chocolate chip cupcakes
- 50 grams cornstarch
- 130 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 110 mL milk
- 85 grams butter
- 140 grams sugar
- 2 egg whites size L
- 100 v milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Place the cupcake forms in the cupcake baking plate.
- Sieve the cornstarch, flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl mix the egg whites with the mixer until they are stiff ( if you hold the bowl upside down, the egg whites may not fall out) .
- In a third bowl mix the butter until it is pale yellow.
- Then mix in the sugar and vanilla extract and mix another 3 minutes.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, mix it through, pour half of the milk , mix further.
- Add again 1/3rd part of the flour mixture, then the remainder of the milk and finally the rest of the flour. Meanwhile, keep on mixing on low speed.
- Mix with the spatula the chocolate pieces through the batter.
- Add a quarter of the egg white and stir with the spatula through the batter.
- Once incorporated you carefully add the rest of the egg whites and mix gently through with the spatula.
- Spoon each muffin form almost full with batter and put in the oven.
- Bake the large cupcakes 24 minutes (or until done). You can check that by pricking with a satay pricker in the middle of a cupcake. If it comes out dry, the cupcakes are done. Otherwise you extend the baking time with 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and put the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool.
- If you still have some batter refill the baking forms and bake in the oven until all the batter is used.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.