This recipe contains crispy raisin French toast baked on two sides in an airy egg mixture. And instead of sugar, sprinkle the French toast with a delicious sweet beer sauce.
Old bread, we don't have (fortunately) much leftovers. No, in our family of five a bread per day is no exception. Not that I eat a lot of bread, but growing teenagers ...
But very occasionally it happens that there is still some bread left. And by then you can use it easily t make French toast. Tasty bread soaked in egg, sprinkled with a little bit of sugar. But in the beer week I try to give French toast my own twist of course. So I started to use the egg mixture instead of milk with a little beer. I replaced the sugar with a beer sauce. It was a delicious lunch, which only I enjoyed (because yes under 18 no ...).
- this time I had currant bread, so I used that. But this is also very tasty with white or brown bread.
- this is a sweet lunch dish I used a sweet brown castle beer. You can also use another sweet type of beer, for example cassis beer.
- you don't want crunchy sugar sauce so use a liquid sweetener or icing sugar to sweeten the sauce. I chose honey.
Recipe French toast in beer sauce
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
French toast with beer sauce
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest grated
- 12 tablespoons beer heavy beer, such as castle beer
- 1 egg size L
- 2 slices raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Put the honey, the orange peel and the beer in a blender and mix until frothy.
- Beat the egg with 3 tablespoons of castle beer.
- Soak the raisin bread on both sides.
- Melt the butter in the pan and brown the sandwiches on both sides.
- Serve the French toast with a dash of sauce.