Who wouldn't want to do a super little washing up? This recipe for a Greek one-pot meal with potato and minced beef is ideal. Including a good portion of vegetables, loosely fried ground beef with bacon, delicious potatoes, and lots of flavors. An easy meal. I say go for it!
Greek One-Pot Meal with Potato and Minced Beef
I love tasty, easy meals for dinner but with a delicious twist. This greek ground beef skillet meal is such a hit. Potatoes, ground beef with bacon, and zucchini stewed in layers in a pan. Flavored with delicious herbs. And that stewing allows the flavors to soak into each layer.
And if you serve this with the delicious yogurt feta topping, you have a super tasty meal. So that's going to be fun.
And this recipe is not just delicious. It's also great that you can make it in one pot. Virtually no dishes, and an empty counter, that's my favorite meal prep. So I often make one-pan dishes. And if that sounds great, try pasta pesto with runner beans, Chicken Biryani, or orzo with shrimp and zucchini. Or look for more inspiration on the page with all my one-pan dishes recipes. I'm sure there's something that you will love.
What do you need for this Greek Ground Beef Skillet?
To prepare this dinner with potatoes and minced beef, you need the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Potatoes - Use waxy potatoes such as Red Adirondack, French fingerling, and Red Bliss. Cut them into cubes, cook them in boiling water for 10 minutes, and rinse. Or use store-bought potato cubes. They are already pre-cooked, so you can skip that step.
- Bacon - Give a salty bite to this one-pot meal. You can also replace them with fried mushrooms or extra sun-dried tomatoes for a vegetarian recipe.
- Zucchini - Are fresh zucchini boring? No, it is a super versatile vegetable. You can use it in different ways: zucchini boats, zucchini fries, or as a quiche. But cut it into thin slices and put it in the pot, which will be so tasty.
- Thyme - Use thyme to add lots of flavor to this casserole. You can also replace the thyme with rosemary.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter.
- Ground beef - Ground beef (minced beef) has a lot of flavor and fits well in this oven dish. But you can also opt for chicken or minced lamb.
- Paprika powder - Has a spicy taste, which adds umami to the sauce.
- Raisins - The fruity sweet filling. Let them soak overnight or for 15 minutes in hot water and drain. That way, they won't burn.
- Cherry tomatoes - Buy the tastiest Cherry tomatoes you can get your hands on. They have a lot of flavors, and the flavor will enhance by roasting them. And because it defines the taste of this recipe (and is a true eye-catcher), this is highly recommended.
- Feta cheese - Is a Greek white soft cheese; it's creamy, salty, and tangy.
- Greek yogurt - This creamy yogurt is nice and thick.
How to prepare this Greek One Pot Meal
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Bake the potato slices in four batches in the skillet until they are light brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Spoon the bacon into the pan, fry for a minute, and then add the minced meat, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Fry until minced beef is brown. Turn off the heat and mix in the raisins.
- Place ⅓th of the meat in the bottom of the pan. Cover with half of the potato slices.
- Cover with ⅓rd of the minced meat and then the zucchini slices. Sprinkle some oregano on top for even more flavor. Cover with potatoes and the rest of the meat. Divide the halved cherry tomatoes over the top and put the lid on the pan. Stew this for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a topping by crumbling the feta and mixing it with yogurt. Remove the lid from the pan and spread the topping over the top. Serve right away.
Garnish with some paprika.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Greek One-Pot Meal with Potato and Minced Beef
- One pot skillet
- 2 pounds sliced potatoes or 2 ½ pounds unpeeled potatoes, pre-boiled for 10 minutes.
- ½ stick butter unsalted
- 4 oz. bacon bits
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder grounded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Melt the butter in a pan, fry the potato slices in four batches until golden brown, and remove them with a slotted spoon.2 pounds sliced potatoes, ½ stick butter
- Spoon the bacon into the pan, stir-fry for about 1 minute, then add the minced beef, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Fry well until the mince is done.4 oz. bacon bits, ½ pound ground beef, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon paprika powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put the ground beef in a bowl and mix in the raisins.3 tablespoons raisins
- Put ⅓ of the meat at the bottom of a deep skillet (with lid).
- Cover with half of the potatoes and then ⅓ of the ground beef.
- On top of the ground beef, divide the slices of zucchini.1 zucchini
- Sprinkle with oregano for even more flavor.1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Then layer with the rest of the potatoes and top it off with the minced beef.
- Scatter the cherry tomatoes on top and put the lid on the pan.⅔ cup cherry tomatoes
- Let the pot simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile: Put the feta cheese in a bowl and mix it with the yogurt.4 oz. feta cheese, ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Remove the lid from the pan and pour the yogurt-cheese mixture on top.
Let this Greek One pot meal cool down quickly before storing it.
- Refrigerator - The skillet can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Freezer - This Greek potato dish can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Pack in a sealed freezer box or wrap in two layers of foil. Let thaw in the refrigerator.
- Reheat - You can do this in the same pan over medium heat. Or you scoop it into a baking dish and heat it in the oven. About 30 minutes at 350 °F (180 °C).
Leave a Reply