Who wants to do the dishes? No one! This recipe for a one pot meal Greek potato casserole will be great. Including veggies! This is a winner!
Yes, it's almost vacation! Is yours coming soon to? Or maybe you've already have holiday free time. In the Netherlands we go in three different waves on holiday time. For this year we have the very end in the South. An additional advantage (because every disadvantage has its dvantage) is that we are also very late to go back to school. And a week before we go to school here children's holiday week. Do you have one to? It's a week which is organized for the children from our village, with all sorts of fun activities. Games, building huts just a week full of fun.
This year I help organizing this holiday week, and I can assure the children will have a lot of fun. We have an activity program from early morning till late evening. And now you may be wondering why I tell you this, but in this case, the potato dish with minced really is a godsend. Few dishes to wash afterward (because in this week I almost cant lift a pan anymore in the evening) and finished quickly. And with a delicious Greek touch for the vacation accent.
It's a good taste!
Greek one pot meal with potato and
Greek one pot meal with potato and minced beef
- One pot skillet
- 1 kg sliced potatoes or 1200 grams of potatoes unpeeled
- 50 grams butter unsalted
- 125 grams bacon sliced
- 300 grams minced beef
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika grounded
- salt and pepper at taste
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 zucchini sliced about 1 cm thick
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes halved
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 100 ml Greek yoghurt
- If you start with potatoes (not slices): peel the potatoes, wash them well and cut them into slices. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the slices for 10 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the potato slices in four batches until golden brown and remove them with a slotted spoon.
- Spoon the bacon in the pan, stir-fry for about 1 minute, then add the minced meat, thyme, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Fry well until the mince is done.
- Put the ground beef in a bowl and mix in the raisins.
- Put ⅓ of the meat at the bottom of a deep skillet (with lid).
- Cover with half of the potatoes and then ⅓ of the minced meat.
- On top of the ground beef you divide the slices of zucchini.
- Sprinkle with oregano for even more flavor.
- Then a layer with the rest of the potatoes and top it of with the minced beef.
- Scatter the cherry tomato on top and put the lid on the pan.
- Let the pot simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile: Make small pieces of the feta cheese and mix it with the yogurt.
- Remove the lid from the pan and pour the yogurt cheese mixture on top.
- If you find it tasty garnish with paprika.