Discover an easy side dish for the barbecue: delicious grilled baby potatoes skewers. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They have lots of flavor due to the dressing and are easy to serve because they are strung on skewers.
So whether you're having a barbecue party or eating with your family, stoke the fire and make these baby potatoes on the barbecue!
Crunchy tasty: Recipe for Deliciously Seasoned Baby Potatoes from the Barbecue
This will often appear on my summer barbecue this year: delicious seasoned baby potatoes. I was always looking for a side dish for those regular summer evenings when it was nice and warm, and I wanted to fire up the BBQ. But want to turn it into something other than a complete BBQ party, but just an evening meal. Because, quite frankly, who wants pasta salad, Coleslaw, and potato salad every day?
These spiced baby potatoes from the BBQ were a godsend. Crispy potatoes, wonderfully soft on the inside, grilled on the BBQ. Everyone enjoys their skewers. And because of the delicious marinade, the baby potatoes also had a lot of flavor. Highly recommended for this BBQ season.
What do you need for Flavorful BBQ Baby Potatoes?
To prepare these Grilled Baby Potatoes Skewers, you require the following ingredients. You can find the correct amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the blog:
- Baby potatoes: A small potato, about 1 inch (2.54 cm) in size, usually sold with the skin on. Unpeeled baby potatoes are also for sale, often already pre-cooked and much smaller.
- Paprika powder: has a spicy taste, which adds umami to the potato.
- Curry powder: This is a mixture of different spices. It is spicy, savory, and aromatic.
- Sea salt and pepper: For seasoning the baby potatoes.
- Italian herbs: This herb mix, which includes parsley, oregano, chives, and basil, gives the baby potatoes a delicious Italian touch.
- Sunflower oil: To make the marinade and to prevent the baby potatoes from sticking to the grill plate.
How to prepare Spicy Barbecue Roasted Potato Kebabs
You can find a printable recipe with a step-by-step description at the bottom of this blog.
- Make a marinade of the oil with paprika powder, curry powder, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes (if you have pre-cooked potatoes, you can skip this step). Drain the potatoes.
- Pour the marinade over the still hot baby potatoes and mix everything well. Let it taste (and cool) for at least an hour.
- Take a skewer and thread three baby potatoes onto each skewer. Heat the grill and fry the baby potatoes until they are crispy on the outside.
This is delicious at a BBQ evening with other BBQ recipes, such as grilled peaches with serrano ham and basil as a starter, melon salad with fresh summer fruits, and pork tenderloin skewers with cucumber salad. Garnish the potato skewers with fresh herbs and coarse sea salt.
Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
- Instead of skewers, you can also cook the potatoes in a container of aluminum foil. Then you can attack that bowl with, for example, olives, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes.
- Immediately after grilling, sprinkle the baby potatoes with Parmesan cheese for a cheesy bite.
Yes, you can, but then use an aluminum container and bake for at least 25 minutes until the baby potatoes are done. Turn them around in the container now and then. When you put them on skewers, you always have to pre-cook them; otherwise, they will burn.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Grilled Baby Potatoes Skewers
- 1 ¼ pound baby yellow potatoes washed and brushed clean
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt coarse
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the baby potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.1 ¼ pound baby yellow potatoes
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to dry quickly.
- Meanwhile, mix the oil, paprika, curry powder, Italian herbs, sea salt, and pepper in a bowl.3 tablespoons sunflower oil, ¼ teaspoon paprika powder, ¼ teaspoon curry powder, 2 teaspoons Italian herbs, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour over the potatoes and mix well.
- Let it cool down to room temperature for an hour.
- Thread the potatoes onto a skewer (about three potatoes per skewer).
- Let the BBQ or grill get very hot.
- Grill the potatoes until they are crispy. Serve immediately.
- Make in advance:
- Place the potatoes in the marinade. You can make them up to a day in advance.
- When you have threaded the baby potatoes onto the skewers, you can make them in the morning.
- Refrigerator: Let the baby potatoes cool down quickly and store them in a covered dish for two days in the fridge. Bake them in the pan, cut them into slices, and fry them in some butter (nice baked potatoes) with possibly an onion.
- Freezer: It is not advisable to freeze the baby potatoes because the structure will change too much.