Combine Indonesian flavors with Dutch food and your get an Indonesian style smoked sausage (rookworst). A super Dutch sausage with an Oriental accent.
This meat can be part of an Indonesian rice table, where as you serve many Indonesian dishes. But I also like it a lot with a hotch pot. That gives it just a bit extra taste. I'm going to make it more often and you?
It's a good taste!
Indonesian style smoked sausage
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 100 ml soy sauce medja
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons palm sugar
- 3 cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg grated
- 350 grams kielbasa smoked sausage
- Put in a frying pan (with lion the stove and put in a dash of oil and heat until it's hot.
- Fry the onion (about 3 minuteand then add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
- Add the sausage and cook slightly on both sides.
- Add the palm sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, cloves and nutmeg.
- Allow to braise for 15 minutes with the lid on the pan.