Combine Indonesian flavors with Dutch food and you get an Indonesian style smoked sausage (rookworst). A super Dutch sausage with an Oriental accent.
This meat can be part of an Indonesian rice table, whereas you serve many Indonesian dishes. But I also like it a lot with a Dutch stamppot. That gives it just a bit of extra taste. I'm going to make it more often, and you?
Indonesian style kielbasa
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
- frying pan
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic squeezed
- ½ cup Kecap Manis
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons palm sugar
- 3 cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg grated
- 1 pound kielbasa smoked sausage
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Put oil in a frying pan and heat until it's hot.1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Fry the onion (about 3 minuteand then add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute more.1 onion, 2 cloves garlic
- Add the sausage and fry slightly on both sides.1 pound kielbasa
- Add the palm sugar, vinegar, kecap, cloves and nutmeg.½ cup Kecap Manis, 4 tablespoons white vinegar, 4 tablespoons palm sugar, 3 cloves, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Allow to braise for 15 minutes with the lid on the pan.