One pot recipes are easy and this recipe is ready within the hour. With leeks, chicken, rice and some great herbs this one pot rice with chicken recipe will be a winner in your house.
Simple and easy, this recipe in just two words. A one pot recipe with rice and chicken and only one pan to wash afterwards. That doesn't sound like a lot of work (and it isn't). Bake the chicken in the pan (for some extra flavor), fry the herbs and veggies, add some liquids and the rice, bring to a bowl and put in the oven. Wait for 40 minutes and your dish is ready.
And not only is this a very simple recipe it's got a great flavor. The rice becomes creamy by the coconut milk, the chicken tender and crispy. A one pot wonder.
It's a good taste!
Recipe one pot rice with chicken
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
One pot rice with chicken recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 leeks washed and sliced in small strips
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml water
- 400 grams white rice normal rice will do but basmati is even better
- salt and pepper at taste
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Because the pan will go into the oven, make sure you use an oven proof pan (like a cast iron pan).
- Heat the oil on high heat in the pan.
- Rub the chicken breast with the garam masala and bake on both sites for about 3 minutes on each site.
- Take them out of the pan with a slotted spoon.
- In the remaining oil, bake the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and leek and bake everything for about 2 more minutes (keep stirring).
- Pour in the coconut milk, water and rice.
- Add the chicken to the top.
- Mix everything and bring to a boil.
- Put the lid on the pan and place everything in the oven.
- Let it stew for 40 minutes and serve immedeately
Indication Nutritional Value (Per Person / Portion):
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat