Oranges with honey and walnuts, a fresh, fruity and light recipe. Lactose-free and gluten-free, so very suitable for almost everyone.
A dessert can be sweet, creamy and full, but can also be fruity, fresh and light. And this dessert falls into the last category. No milk products, but fresh orange slices that are marinated in honey and lemon. No cream, but a delicious caramel. This is a recipe that will make you happy.
You can make everything in advance, so that you only have to make up the plate in the evening. A handy recipe for a dinner party.
It's a good taste!
Orange with honey and
Did you make this oranges with honey and walnuts? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
Oranges with honey and walnuts
- 50 grams sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 oranges
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 50 grams walnuts
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a thick-bottomed pan, heat the sugar with the water (over low heat) and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn up the heat and let the sugar syrup slowly caramelize to amber color.
- Pour the caramel on the baking paper and let it cool.
- Break the caramel into small pieces.
- In the meantime, peel the oranges thick, so that the outer skin is cut off.
- Then cut thin slices of the orange and put them in a bowl.
- Mix the honey with the lemon juice and pour it over the oranges. Stir everything well and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Roast the walnuts in a dry pan until they smell like nuts. Finely chop them.
- Divide the orange slices on the plates.
- Sprinkle the walnuts and caramel pieces on top.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat