These oven baked potatoes do look so gorgeous and taste terrific, crunchy yet soft, creamy and salty. This is such a great recipe for Thanksgiving.
I was searching the web for inspiration for my Thanksgiving menu when I came across these oven baked potatoes at the website of Martha Stewart. Don't they look terrific. Just looking at this dish makes me thankful. And hungry to. Not only does it look terrific it tastes delicious. The outside of the potatoes are crunchy, yet the inside are soft. They're a bit buttery, but got a nice touch of salt and herbs. Yes, this is great for Thanksgiving.
- you want your potatoes to be done, make sure you slice very thin. Don't slice through and through tough because then you get sliced potatoes instead of this beautiful dish.
- you want color you choose a shallot. But every type of onion will do.
- you want to get a crunchy crust, smear the outside of the potatoes with the butter.
Recipe Oven baked potatoes
Did you make this oven baked potatoes with Italian herbs? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Oven baked potatoes with Italian herbs
- oven dish
- 12 potatoes biological, red skin for a beautiful color palette
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- sea salt flakes
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the potatoes and scrub of mud and other filth.
- Melt the butter and mix with the oil.
- Brush the inside of the oven dish with the butter oil mixture.
- Slice the potatoes as thin as possible, but not through and through.
- Arrange them in the oven dish.
- Brush with the butter olive oil mixture and sprinkle the rest on top.
- Spread some shallot, herbs and salt on the potatoes and put the dish in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
I love the combination of crunchy and soft in these oven baked potatoes. Gorgeous and delicious!
Emily Flint says
I love the presentations of these potatoes and they taste just as amazing!
Chef Dennis says
Yum! This dish is making my tummy growl! Looks really delicious.
Jersey Girl Cooks says
These delicious potatoes are pretty too!
Mama Maggie's Kitchen says
My mouth is watering. I want to eat that!
It sure tastes terrific.
Yes they sure are, they're so pretty to serve!
Thank you very much!
They sure do! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Indeed, your description is so true. And that combined with the herbs. I can't wait to prepare them again 😉
Talk about a slice of potato heaven! I'm drooling!!
Fantastic potatoes recipe! Love the flavours coming together
What gorgeously baked potatoes. I love the simple flavors in it.
It's a very pure recipe and I think that's why it's so delicious.