Muffins, delicious for breakfast or as a sweet snack at lunch. But you can really enjoy muffins at a high tea. This recipe for muffins with pearl sugar is really delicious.
One of the dishes that always got a Yeah factor are muffins. I went to my basement and found a box of pearl sugar. I've bought it so I could make a cake with a topping of pearl sugar. But the pearl sugar went to the bottom of the cake. So nice try and a batch of pearl sugar but no destination. So I though lets experiment with them. And the end result: very nice Pearl sugar muffins. Hereby the recipe:
- If you don't have pearl sugar, you can use sugar candy instead
It's a good taste!
Recipe Pearl sugar
Pearl sugar muffins
- 2 eggs size L
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 3 tablespoons pearl sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter in a pan on low heat. Just melt, don't brown the butter. When done take of the heat.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs.
- In a second bowl mix the sugar and flour with a fork.
- Pour the eggs with the flour/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the butter with the batter and mix again. It doesn't mind if it stays a bit lumpy, just make sure to moisten all of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the pearl sugar on top and spoon it fast through the batter.
- Put the paper muffin or cupcake forms in the baking tin and divide the batter.
- Put in the oven for about 25 minutes until the muffins are golden brown.
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.