Muffins, delicious for breakfast or as a sweet snack at lunch. But you can really enjoy muffins at a high tea. This recipe for muffins with pearl sugar is really delicious.
One of the dishes that always got a Yeah factor are muffins. I went to my basement and found a box of pearl sugar. I've bought it so I could make a cake with a topping of pearl sugar.
But the pearl sugar went to the bottom of the cake. So nice try and a batch of pearl sugar but no destination. So I thought let's experiment with them. And the result: very delicious Pearl sugar muffins.
- If you don't have pearl sugar, you can use sugar candy instead.
🥘 Other delicious recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I really enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pearl sugar muffins
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 2 eggs size L
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons pearl sugar
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celsius).
- Melt the butter in a pan on low heat. Just melt, don't brown the butter. When done take off the heat.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs.
- In a second bowl mix the sugar and flour with a fork.
- Pour the eggs with the flour/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the butter with the batter and mix again. It doesn't mind if it stays a bit lumpy, just make sure to moisten all of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the pearl sugar on top and spoon it fast through the batter.
- Put the paper muffin or cupcake forms in the baking tin and divide the batter.
- Put in the oven for about 25 minutes until the muffins are golden brown.
- If you don't have pearl sugar, you can use sugar candy instead