Poached pears belong to autumn. And instead of currant juice, a sweet brown beer is used here. This beer caramelizes into a thick syrup and the spices make a delicious flavor
I put my hand on pears for poaching. Indeed, they really belong to this season. Normally I make them with currant juice, but this time I decided to stew them in a delicious brown beer. That beer caramelized in the pan and produced a delicious thick syrup sauce that nicely combined with the sweet pears. A bowl of vanilla ice cream was added and the desserts went off.
- you are using beer add orange instead of lemon, which combines nicely with the taste of the dark beer.
- You don't want to eat seeds, drill the seeds from the bottom with the apple drill after you peel the pears. This way you get the pears, but no seeds.
- You want an evenly stewed pear, turn them around in the moisture every hour.
Recipe poached pears in beer sauce
Did you make this poached pears in beer sauce? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Poached pears in beer sauce
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 5 cm orange peel
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Mix the beer with the sugar and the vanilla extract in a small pan
- Peel the pears, but leave the stem
- With the apple drill, drill the pits from the pears.
- Put the pears upright in a pan.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves and orange peel into the moisture.
- Let the moisture slowly come to the boil.
- Put the heat low and place the lid so it covers half the pan.
- Poach for about 3 hours, look every half hour if the pears are still covered in juice otherwise turn them around.
- Turn off the heat and let the peers cool down.
- Put the pears in a bowl and add the sauce.
Leave a Reply