Vegetarian quiche caprese, tasty tomato flavored with some herbs and off course mozzarella and basil. A touch of summer in our winter homes.
Caprese salad, one of my favorite dishes in summer. But though I love it in summer, I don't like it in winter. For me it's a true summer dish. Do you agree?
But there is a solution near! This delicious Caprese quiche. Wonderful for the winter months. The tomatoes are braised, a sauce with melted mozzarella and sprinkled with basil which by heating it smells like never before. And like the salad fits the Summer, so does this quiche fits in the cold winter months.
- tomatoes contain pretty much liquid, let them drain well after getting of the skin by draining them on a towel or paper.
- by tearing the basil leaves instead of cutting you won't get brown edges.
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- Quiche spring form 9.5 inch diameter
- 6 tomatoes roma
- 1 portion quiche dough storebought or homemade quiche dough
- 1 shallot slice finely
- 2 cloves garlic crushed, finely sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 4 eggs size L
- ½ cups Sour cream
- ⅓ cups cheese mature grated
- ½ oz basil fresh
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bring water to a boil and put a bowl of ice water ready to use.
- With a sharp knife, cut a cross on the bottom of the tomatoes.
- Then dip them under boiling water for 15 seconds, remove them out with a slotted spoon and place them in the bowl with ice water.
- The skins are now nice and loose so you can take them of easy.
- Cut the tomatoes in half ( through the crown) and remove a piece of the crown with the knife.
- Place the tomatoes with the seeds down on a towel (or sturdy paper towel) to dry.
- Line the baking pan with the dough.
- In a frying pan fry the onions until they are translucent. Add the garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Spread the onion garlic mixture over the bottom.
- Place the tomatoes upside down on the dough.
- Put pieces of mozzarella between the tomatoes.
- Mix the eggs with the sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over and between the tomatoes.
- Tear the basil leaves into small pieces and sprinkle over the quiche.
- Place the quiche for 40 minutes in the oven and then serve