A hearty casserole, stuffed with homemade shawarma, green beans, cheese and puff pastry. Served with a tasty tzatziki it becomes a delicious dish.
It's winter, but that you already know. Often I make stews, soups and casseroles. Just because I think they fit in the winter. Delicious hearty meals, but with lots of vegetables. And a salad that goes with them.
And they are also delicious easy meals. Now the carnival is coming soon (yes I live in the South of the Netherlands) there are again plenty of extra activities. Construction clubs have started up again to build wagons and everything should be prepared again. For though it all seems to go without saying, it takes a lot of time behind the scenes.
So it's nice to be able to properly pre prepare your meals. And this shawarma casserole, can be made in the morning, or the day before and store in the fridge until half an hour before eating. You put it in the preheated oven and then go through the house cleaning spots that weren't addressed already. Set the table and easy peasy ... another accomplished day.
Tip: Serve the shawarma dish with a tasty tzatziki.
It's a good taste!
Did you make this shawarma casserole? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
- 400 grams pork chops
- 2 teaspoons shawarma spices
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 sheets puff pastry
- 500 grams green beans
- 50 grams cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the pork chops into thin strips
- Blend to taste with the shawarma spices. I used about 2 teaspoons.
- Heat a frying pan with the oil and bake the meat until it's brown.
- Also cook the green beans in boiling water until al dente.
- Place the puff pastry in the oven dish, so it covers the bottom and sides.
- Spread the beans on the bottom.
- Lay the shawarma on top.
- Grate the cheese over the dish and sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake 30 minutes in the oven.
Indication Nutritional Value (Per Person / Portion):
What did I use to prepare this
Kitchen utensils I’ve used to prepare this recipe. When you follow the link you will go to another page with a short explanation of each item. It’s also possible to order directly if you’re in need.
- a good pair of knives
- cutting board
- Brushes, spatulas and other cooking utensils
- oven dish and roasting pan
- frying pan
- Sheet pan, baking tray or baking sheet
- Baking paper or baking mat