Spectacular recipe: three colour melon salad with goat cheese and mint. Not only in taste, but also how it looks. An elegant side dish for any barbecue
After my previous very successful birthday fruit salad of watermelon and seasonal fruit, I started experimenting with melon. Because, was my feeling, there is much more possible with melon. In any case, you would think.
And indeed it was true. Because salty goat cheese blends very nicely with sweet flavors. And also with melon. And mint is refreshing. And when you combine those three in a salad, you get a true taste explosion in your mouth. Surprisingly tasty, I can tell you.
A delicious accompaniment to a barbecue. I made this even more elegant, by using a melon scoop to get round melon bals (the melon scoop is that half-circle tool and a hole in the middle). And in this recipe I didn't use just one melon, but three. And that made this recipe was not only got a very nice taste, but it looks superb.
An elegant salad can be served at any barbecue and yet still finished quickly. Tasty!
It's a good taste!
Recipe Three colors melon salad with goat cheese and
Did you make this three colors melon salad with goat cheese and mint? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram or twitter . I love it when you make one of my recipes and I’m looking forward to look it up. You can also share your recipes on my Facebook channel or pin this recipe on Pinterestso you can find it easy next time. See you soon!
three colour melon salad with goat cheese and mint
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- 1 Piel de Sapo melon you also choose a Galia or honey dew but the Piel de Sapo has an even sweeter taste
- 1 cantaloupe melon or musk melon
- ½ watermelon seedless
- 60 grams goat cheese soft flavoured with honey
- 10 leaves mint
- Halve the Piel de Sapo melon, remove the seeds and make melon balls with the scoop from the melon flesh.
- Cut the cantaloupe melon, remove the seeds and make melon balls with the scoop.
- Also make nice watermelon balls with the scoop.
- Put all the balls in a bowl and mix them together (just because it looks nicer;-))
- Crumble the goat cheese over the bowl and stir again gently (you want the goat cheese remaining crumble)
- Tear the mint leaves over the salad (or if the leaves are small, you don't tear just spread them over the top).
- Let everything be good cold.