This fresh melon salad with fresh summer fruits, made of fruit in season and full of flavor is fresh and delicious as a side dish at every barbecue.
Do you also like melon? I do and the watermelon is one of my favorites. The sweet, yet refreshing flavor. And since there are seedless varieties, there is certainly no reason to not eat them anymore.
Watermelon is so
You can just slice them in parts and eat it out of your hand. That always gives mess (for me), because I just don't know how to eat a piece of watermelon properly and clean (so if anyone has tips!). They can also be cut into strips and on pinterest I saw a watermelon cocktail whereas the inside flesh was mashed to pulp and a dash of liquor was added. Let it stand and it's ready. You see I'm not the only one who finds watermelon tasty.
Watermelon at any
At the barbecue, to return to our summer theme, I make watermelon usually as a delicious salad. Sometimes just diced or I make a fruit salad with a combination of different fruits. Like here. I halved the watermelon and then hollowed out so that it can immediately serve as a serving dish (and believe me that if you arrive with a melon bowl then you have immediately the oh's and ah's on your side).
The fruits for the fruitbowls are often the fruits of the season, because they got simply the most delicious flavor. So at this moment I use: cherries, grapes, Galia melon and watermelon. Just add a garnish of mint and the salad is finished. I served this with Coen's children birthday party and the chill party (for that is the name for the same party when you are in high school) by Marc. And if it was good? The melon was empty and there was even asked for extra so I made some. Because the salad contains a lot of vitamines, which is a good counterpart to the cake!
It's a good taste!
watermelon salad with fresh
Watermelon salad with fresh summer fruit
Pas met de knoppen het aantal personen aan.
- ½ watermelon seedless
- 75 grams cherries
- 75 grams grapes seedless
- ¼ Honeydew melon or Piel de Sapo
- 10 mint leaves
- Hollow the watermelon by cutting cubes from the watermelon flesh with a knife. Keep the beautiful pieces separately (and the remainder, yeah I admit I eat them all).
- Wash the cherries and grapes well and make sure they are as dry as possible.
- Get the pit out of the cherries.
- Remove the seeds from the Galia melon and cut into small cubes.
- Mix in a bowl the watermelon cubes, cherries, grapes and Galia melon well.
- Spoon the melon fruit salad in half a watermelon.
- Tear the mint into small pieces and scatter over the watermelon.