A delicious wrap with tandoori style chicken, a topping of arugula, and tzatziki. A lunch recipe you want to eat every day. Or serve it as dinner with Basmati rice and a green salad.
Indian cooking, I make a lot and just love it. And now it occurred to me that it's been some time since I posted anything Indian on the blog. If there are more fans of this delicious food, then you have a super dish right here.
A delicious wrap, where the chicken is flavored with a homemade Tandoor blend. Fresh green arugula on top (because the nutty flavor goes well with the chicken) and a Greek hint because of the Tzatziki. These three flavors make sure your wrap will taste fantastic.
Lunch or dinner?
Are you going to serve this wrap as lunch or dinner? You can do both. Make them for lunch (or take some leftovers with you). You'll enjoy a delicious lunch.
But these wraps are delicious as a dinner recipe. I serve them with Basmati rice and a green salad. And a bowl of Tzatziki, just because I love that flavor.
Other Delicious Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Tag #byandreajanssen via Instagram. I enjoy seeing what your creation looks like. Video recipes can be found on my YouTube channel. And don't forget to save the recipes on Pinterest so you can easily find them next time!
SUBSCRIBE for more videos of By Andrea Janssen:https://www.youtube.com/c/ByAndréaJanssen
Wrap tandoori style chicken and tzatziki
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 3 cloves
- 2 tablespoons paprika powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper ground
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 400 grams chicken breast cut into strips
- 4 flour tortillas
- 50 grams arugula
- 100 grams peas
- 4 tablespoons Tzatziki
Ingredients you need per step are listed below the step in Italic
- Grind the herbs for the tandoori mix in a blender or kitchen machine with a knife until grounded.
- Put 2 tablespoons in a bowl and store the rest in an airtight container for another time.
- Mix the yogurt with 2 tablespoons of tandoori spices and add the chicken strips to the bowl. Mix well and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion.
- Bake the onion for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken and cook on high heat until done in 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and ¼cup (50 mL) of water and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, place the tortillas in the skillet and heat them light, so you can easily fold them.
- Place a tortilla in front of you and spoon some chicken mixture in the middle. Top it with some arugula and spread tzatziki on top. Roll the wrap.
Leave a Reply